Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names to get "Katie" as a nn

My husband loves the name Katie/Kady. I do not want to use that as a first name, because I grew up with so many girls with that name. I agreed to use Katherine with Katie/Kady as a nickname, but - of course - hubby doesn't like it because of his Aunt Cathy. I can't think of other names with an obvious tie to Katie/Katy. I also want to stick with "K" as the first initial, and avoid "Cady."
    Aveline Calliope Isla Pippa
    Salem Sloane Indie Sasha

Phillip Francis Thatcher Andrew
    River Valor Channing Shepherd

Lover of trendy, adorer of the frilly, and admirer of the classic.

Have you considered using Caddy instead of Katie? It is less common and really cute.

Leokadia (looks like a creative spelling, but Leokadia is a traditional Polish name)
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

Quote Originally Posted by lerenard View Post
    Have you considered using Caddy instead of Katie? It is less common and really cute.
    Caddy is Cadd-ee, not Katie. At least, that's how it would be in the US. Caddy is short for Cadillac. A caddy is also the assistant who carries the golf clubs at a golf course.

I have a cousin named Katie, just Katie not Kate or Katherine or anything. I'm not a fan of it but it works for her.

Yekaterina and Ekaterina are two others not already listed.
    Last edited by casilda; February 4th, 2014 at 12:23 PM.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey