Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Accidental mis-spellings

I'm not talking about kr8tif spellings here but rather unintentional / accidental misspellings.

My Grandad, for example, registered my Uncle John's birth after working a long night shift. His birth certificate reads 'John Benjiman Parker'.

My DH is named Dominic Gerald, but due to an error (his father claims it was an editorial error) the birth announcement in the local newspaper welcomed 'Demonic Gerald' into the world!

Any other unfortunate errors out there?
    My attempt at a blog is here

TTC #1

Sophie Alice Marilla
    Ivy ~ Ciara ~ Eleanor ~ Zoe ~ Katharine ~ Eva ~ Cara ~ Elizabeth

Maxwell Arthur James
    Vincent ~ Finn ~ Jack ~ Alexander ~ Leo ~ Zachary ~ Theodore

A former classmate of mine named her daughter Naveah. N-A-V-E-A-H. I can't figure out if she truly just can't spell the name correctly herself or...I don't even know what happened there. But it makes me sad to think of when that baby grows up and realizes that her name is, in fact, NOT "Heaven spelled backwards" like her mother always insisted.

A kid I went to school with was named "Tuff", but you wouldn't believe how many times people spelled it "Tuffy."

Here are the various spellings of my name that I've seen
    Erinn
    Aaron
    Arin
    Earn (not sure how they came up with that. lol)

Most of these were written in my yearbooks by classmates, but I didn't know my name was so hard to spell. LOL. My brother Shaun has had his named butchered several times too. One time a nurse at the doctor's office grabbed the wrong medical records. He had to have a shot that day, but thankfully the other Shawn needed the same shot. Scary stuff!
    Last edited by erin91; February 4th, 2014 at 12:02 AM.
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Linnea ?, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elora, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

My Nanna's name is Merle, all because her Dad tried to fill out her birth certificate, and instead of writing Meryl Lorraine he wrote Merle!

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

My partners auntie was super tired from the long delivery of her son and spelt his middle name Iss@c instead of Isaac on the birth certificate.