Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which Shirley Temple Name?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Martha (Little Miss Marker)

4 9.76%
  • Heidi (Heidi)

11 26.83%
  • Annie (Miss Annie Rooney)

10 24.39%
  • Penny (Now and Forever/Just Around the Corner)

8 19.51%
  • Betsy (Little Miss Broadway)

7 17.07%
  • Molly (Our Little Girl)

15 36.59%
  • Virginia (The Littlest Rebel)

5 12.20%
  • Elizabeth (Curly Top)

11 26.83%
  • Sylvia (Dimples)

16 39.02%
  • Priscilla (Wee Willie Winkie)

4 9.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shirley Temple Character Names

Growing up, I idolized Shirley Temple, and from about age 2-3 to about age 6-7, I would only watch a small selection of movies, Shirley Temple being a main one.

I was thinking about it, and, although I dislike Shirley as a name, I thought it'd be kind of cool to use one of the names she bore in films, so I've chosen my 10 favourites (and perhaps from her most well known movies), and I'd like some Berry help narrowing it down.

Vote for your favourite and, if you want to explain why you chose it, feel free to
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Shirley's movies really are adorable, a very different kind than the ones produced nowadays.
    What's the name of your favourite character she has played?

Martha - I like Martha but there's something that keeps me from loving it
    Heidi - the name itself is just too vintage and too tied to the character for me
    Annie - is cute, definitely prefer Annie to Anne
    Penny - is sweet but isn't a standalone for me
    Betsy - sounds just like a girl from the 1930s
    Molly - adorable
    Virginia - nerver cared for this one
    Elizabeth - my favourite but I think the Shirley Temple association would get lost. If a girl's middle name isn't Rose, Jane or Anne, it's Elizabeth.
    Sylvia - nms but a beautiful name nonetheless
    Priscilla - sounds like the name of an evil stepsister / mother
    Last edited by opheliaflora; February 3rd, 2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: not is but isn't Rose
    Polly

currently loving

Ophelia | Leonor | Penelope

Flora is back!

August | Caspar | Elliott | Oscar | Theo

I voted for Molly. I chose it because I can picture Molly on a baby, a teenager, and as a Grandma. I think it will age well and the sound is just attractive to me.

I think Elizabeth nn Betsy would be adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by opheliaflora View Post
    Shirley's movies really are adorable, a very different kind than the ones produced nowadays.
    What's the name of your favourite character she has played?

Martha - I like Martha but there's something that keeps me from loving it
    Heidi - the name itself is just too vintage and too tied to the character for me
    Annie - is cute, definitely prefer Annie to Anne
    Penny - is sweet but isn't a standalone for me
    Betsy - sounds just like a girl from the 1930s
    Molly - adorable
    Virginia - nerver cared for this one
    Elizabeth - my favourite but I think the Shirley Temple association would get lost. If a girl's middle name is Rose, Jane or Anne, it's Elizabeth.
    Sylvia - nms but a beautiful name nonetheless
    Priscilla - sounds like the name of an evil stepsister / mother
    My favourite of her movies was Bright Eyes, but she played a Shirley in that. I think that I'm leaning more towards Martha, Annie (also my favourite musical), Penny, Molly and Betsy, haha. I know I loved Little Miss Broadway growing up as well.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"