Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nancy Imogen & ______________

I posted this in the Baby Names forum last night with no responses, but since I'm only really looking for girls names (I seem to be terrible at matching them up!), I decided to repost here

Nancy Imogen is the one combo on my list that stands out the most to me, I love how vintage it sounds, and it conjures up images of late 19th century/early 20th century England, girls running about in pale coloured dresses tinged with lace, long bouncing curls tied back with ribbon, with large, fancy, flowered hats. Downton Abbey style is something else that springs to mind for me.

There are a few other names that give me the same feel, Florence, Lottie, and Betsy, for example, but I'd like some more outside opinions. My style is definitely more vintage/classic with a twist, so names like that would be great. The only name I'm completely against for a girl is Eva.

Thank you!
    “poetry, beauty, romance, love - these are what we stay alive for.”

currently under construction

http://delighfullydoris.blogspot.ca/

Hi the imagery you describe is lovely but I don't see Nancy as you describe. I see her as a WWII party girl with a wide smile and I feel that Nancy is very cutesy and insubstantial a bit like being named Coco.

Imogen is a brilliant name and there are lots of great names that would compliment it.

For example if you like vintage with a touch of whimsy then you have Imogen Bluebell

For and outdoors girl then Tessa Imogen ticks the boxes

For subdued ladylike vintage charm Celia Imogen

For the girl with the outthere personality and lots of energy Stella Imogen
    Psalm 23

I think it would sound best with something old-but-new and cutesy sounding to lighten up Nancy, like...

Ella
    Violet
    Willa
    Ruby
    Zella or Zara
    Phoebe
    Belle
    Lola
    Poppy
    Xanthe
    Mollie

Not sure if they have the same feeling as what you're looking for?
    Eli, married to my best friend as of June 2009, Cali-born and raised.
    Our little princess born January 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Hi the imagery you describe is lovely but I don't see Nancy as you describe. I see her as a WWII party girl with a wide smile and I feel that Nancy is very cutesy and insubstantial a bit like being named Coco.

Imogen is a brilliant name and there are lots of great names that would compliment it.

For example if you like vintage with a touch of whimsy then you have Imogen Bluebell

For and outdoors girl then Tessa Imogen ticks the boxes

For subdued ladylike vintage charm Celia Imogen

For the girl with the outthere personality and lots of energy Stella Imogen
    Thanks, but to each's own. I love Nancy Imogen, and that's what vibe she gives off for me, so I'm going to keep Nancy Imogen as it is. If Nancy is too cutesy for you, that is fine, but as you can tell from my signature - that's my style. I might not have been clear enough in my post - I'm looking for names that could work with Nancy as a cute sibling set. Nancy and Florence, for example. I wasn't looking for new names to replace Nancy at all.

currently under construction

http://delighfullydoris.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by ladaddy View Post
    I think it would sound best with something old-but-new and cutesy sounding to lighten up Nancy, like...

Ella
    Violet
    Willa
    Ruby
    Zella or Zara
    Phoebe
    Belle
    Lola
    Poppy
    Xanthe
    Mollie

Not sure if they have the same feeling as what you're looking for?
    These are perfect! I love

Nancy & Ella,
    Nancy & Violet,
    Nancy & Willa,
    Nancy & Ruby,
    Nancy & Zara,
    Nancy & Phoebe,
    Nancy & Poppy,
    Nancy & Mollie/Molly,
    Nancy & Lola

Thank you!