Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The oddballs - too weird with Leo and Juliet?

So the search continues for a possible brother for Leonard and Juliet (he's almost exclusively Leo, she's occasionally Lettie or Rosy - don't ask!). We tend to stick to classic-with-a-twist names that work in French and English. Our top runners right now are Rafael and Bastien, middle name is likely to be James. But I don't feel like either of them are perfect.

Another one I really love right now is Cosmo. DH is fairly on board, but struggling to get over the magazine link. My main concern is that's it's slightly too weird with our children's names? ''This is Leo, Juliet and... Cosmo''. Italian names always seem to work everywhere in Europe so I tend to be drawn to them but is this *too* Italian?

DH suggested Kipling yesterday (I was impressed because he rarely makes any suggestions - I'm not even pregnant!) and I was so so close to being fully on board. He had the author in mind, but it wasn't until this morning that I realised why I knew it from somewhere else - Mr. Kipling. The cakes. The massive UK chain of cakes. Ugghh - so annoying! I can't remember ever seeing them in France, though, so we would only have issues on this side of the channel I guess!

What do you think? Could either of them ever work?
    And what would you suggest, in a similar vein to them, or to Rafael/Bastien?

Thank you in advance

My darling Léonard Cyrille (Leo) 08/11
    Little lady Juliet Sylvia Perrine (Letty, sometimes Rosy) 09/13
    - breeding program incomplete - planning for next bebe and heading to Southern France 2016 -

Isaline / Elvira / Annabel / Erminie / Flora / Dulcie / Clotilda / Franseza - middle names Sixtine, Fenella, Juno
    Bastian / Raphael / Cosmo / Theon / Bruno - middle names James, Emmanuel

I think that Kipling would work better than Cosmo. I love the name Lumiere, but I'm thinking it is not actually used for a name in France. Lumi would be so sweet though.

Oh, I love Rafael with Leo and Juliet! It strikes me as sort of pan-European, and it has that same dashing, romantic quality that both Leo and Juliet have. Plus it's just a tad spunky...perfect for a youngest child
    Avery Laurel, Eva Wilder, Felicity Wren, Tess Willow, Genevieve Sage, Greta Sorrel, Annika Bay

Noah Forrest, Luke Alden, Ethan Wild, Julian Sage, Miles Foster, Oliver Robin, Ansel Jude

I prefer Kipling over Cosmo, especially with your sibset. Kipling has a much more romantic feel, like Leo and Juliet do. Kipling and Rafael go best with your sibset, but my favorite over all is Bastien!
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Callen Sage is our boy name, Emmeline Jay is our girl name.

Fingers crossed that one day he'll agree to Holden Eli, Beckett Rome, Declan Reeves; Violet Carraway, Isla Maven, and Aspen Olivia.

Yeah I'd steer clear of Mr Kipling, especially as they make 'French Fancies'. Are you in the UK/will you be spending much time here? Because I do think it's a tad silly here, sorry! I don't think it sounds right with Leo and Juliet anyway. Could make a good MN though.

I think Cosmo is great He fits right in and doesn't sound too Italian at all (I didn't even realise it was Italian!) Everyone will recognise it and spell it correctly. It feels very international to me- I recently read a book about a Greek guy called Cosmo. Personally, I connect it far more with the actual name rather than the magazine, but then I don't read them that much. Basically I think it's best out of your 3!

I do like Bastien (I like Sebastien slightly more), and Rafael also, and I think all 3 could work, but Cosmo wins for me For some other names that could work internationally, how about: Oscar, Hugo, Felix, Julian, Anton, Marco, Reuben, Orlando, Florian, Vincent, Roscoe, Hector, Martin, Dominic, Fabian, Percival, Stefan, Gabriel, Simon, Daniel, Roman, Bruno, Cedric, Otto?