Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Due in June, Need feedback

Our first baby is due in June, and we've really only begun to discuss names. We won't be finding out if it's a girl or boy (although I think it's a boy), so we need to pick names for both. I've been collecting my lists for at least a year before we got pregnant. Now I feel like they are stuck, so I need some feedback. Hubby isn't much help with ideas, except that he would like to use Alice in some way I'd we have a girl (it's his grandmother's name). I'd love input on the names on the list, fn and mn combos, and other name suggestions.

A few notes on my style:
    -Last name starts with B and ends with long "o" sound so I am wary of names that start with either sound
    -Last name is very French, but I tend toward the German and Scandinavian names
    -I'd like to use two middles as its very common in my family tree
    -I'm not a fan of nickname names on their own, bit I do like long forms with good nn options

Here are my lists:

Girls
    Alice
    Mirabelle nn Mira
    Eleanor nn Elsie
    Liesl
    Linnea
    Magdalene nn Maggie
    Ottiline
    Nona
    Greta
    Pauline
    Ruth
    Lydia
    Naomi
    Esther

Some Middle Name options that I wouldn't use as firsts:
    Renee
    Opal
    Rose
    Esther
    Libere

Boys
    August or Augusten nn Gus
    Emery
    Olin
    Axel
    Benjamin
    Ebenezer nn Eben ( I love this one, but I don't think hubby will go for it)
    Willem
    Fabian
    Linus
    Adlai
    Bernard
    Anders
    Ansel

Some Middle Name options that I wouldn't use as firsts:
    Freeman
    Truman
    Loyal
    Henri

Thanks for your input!
    I have always loved names, baby name books, and the meaning of names. Now I know I'm not the only one!

Expecting baby #1 in June

Hi OP -

You have a lot of neat names there!

I would be a little concerned about 'Nona' (Grandma), 'Ottiline' (Otter?), and 'Ebenezer' (SCROOGE). I like Mirabelle, Linnea and Magaelene for girls and August, Emery, Oilin, Axel, Ansel the most for boys from your list.

I wouldn't use "Loyal" for a boy's middle name, but rather try to find something that means loyal or a different name that sounds similar. It's less of a concern for a middle name, but the word "loyal" summons the word "dog." I'd hate to see that get into the hands of the wrong bully. I like the idea of using "Liberty" for a middle name for our little girl, but I think it's too deliberate so I found some names that mean that or freedom.

Also a suggestion for a girl's middle would be Pearl - her birthstone. Rather than Opal, the October birthstone. Though it's just a suggestion, Opal would be fine paired with the right first.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

You have some of my favorite names on this list! With two middle names, I tend to think shorter first names work well.
    Here are my favorite picks for girls off your list:
    Alice Linnea Rose
    Greta Naomi Rose
    Lydia Esther Rose

And for boys:
    August Benjamin Adlai
    Linus Ebenezer Olin

and I think I'd like both even more with a one syllable name in the third name spot like Jude, James, Reed, Seth...

Thanks for your input. I really like the combinations that you put together.
    I have always loved names, baby name books, and the meaning of names. Now I know I'm not the only one!

Expecting baby #1 in June

Lots of nice names! It's a bit tricky though because your boy picks are mainly two syllables so it's hard to find a flow...
    A few combos for fun.... Sry for any repeats

Alice Ottiline Rose
    Magdalene Alice Rose
    Eleanor Greta Rose

Linus Willem Ebenezer
    Anders Truman Bernard
    August Olin Ebenezer
    Mom to two dears

~ My Little Whirlwind, Fall 2010 ~

~ My Little Sunshine, Winter 2013 ~