Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unsure about how this word name would be received

Hey Berries! It's my first time posting my own thread in the forums!

Anyway, after getting my email today from nameberry, I somehow found my way to the name Alouetta. I already knew I kind of liked Alouette and enjoyed the added syllable, but I still wasn't loving it. I thought about consonants that could be added before the A and got to Silhouette. I'm really intrigued by this as a first name for a girl, but I wanted to hear what others of you think.

To me it is mysterious and feminine; it kind of reminds me of a violin with all the right curves and a soft flow. I can't imagine my BF ever going for it, but that doesn't mean I can't consider it and add it to my GP list!

So, what do you think of Silhouette as a name?

I think it's really goofy as a name, to be honest.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

As far as obscure word names go, you could do much worse than Silhouette. It could certainly work as a middle name, but I really can't picture it as a first. Also you risk people shortening it to 'Silly'.

I much prefer Alouette / Alouetta - beautiful names.
    Alfred | Arthur | Bartholomew | Ephraim | Frederick | Isadore | Ozias | Rupert | Sherlock | Victor

Antonia | August | Damaris | Eliza | Esmeralda | Marceline | Matilda | Ramona | Tahlia | Trudy

Honestly I agree with the pp. Although i'am a person who LOVE word names, I think Silhouette is way to weird. Sorry.

" Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too was a gift " ~ Mary Oliver

My name is Vasiliki but I prefer Bellerose . A lover of dark names , trying to be something in her life .

Persephone " Seph " ~ Hades ~ Prometheus .

I love word names but cannot picture Silhouette as a name, not even a middle name. I'm sorry.

Emmeline Azure o Annabel Waverly -- o -- Maebry Eloise o Story Anneliese
    Piers Lachlan o Charlie Hawthorne -- o -- Tadhg Emerson o Wilder Quinn
    ------------------------ o ------------------------ o ------------------------

heart my son