Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Back again - sister for Juliet and Leo?

So excited to start TTC for #3 later this year, and interested in your thoughts on our current list (some old, some new - they need to work in both French and English)...

Florence (also considering Flora? Not sure).
    Sofia
    Isaline (ee-sza-leen in French, ih-za-line in English, do you think the difference is too big?)
    Agatha / Agathe
    Raphaela
    Annabel (DH's choice, I'm not sure)
    Ophelie / Ophelia
    Pippa (dislike Phillipa, this is used alone in the UK, and known in France thanks to Pippa Middleton)
    Violetta
    Paloma (nn Lola?)
    Dulcie
    Clarissa
    Fenella (rarely used in English, unheard in France - is it too weird with Juliet and Leonard? It's a family name)
    Gabriella

We're not sure if she'd have one or two middles, but Sixtine will almost definitely be in there (pn sees-teen in French). Our boys' choice right now is Bastien with James and/or Raphael in the middle.

What do you think?
    Last edited by luciad; January 31st, 2014 at 02:50 PM.

My darling Léonard Cyrille (Leo) 08/11
    Little lady Juliet Sylvia Perrine (Letty, sometimes Rosy) 09/13
    - breeding program incomplete - planning for next bebe and heading to Southern France 2016 -

Isaline / Elvira / Annabel / Erminie / Flora / Dulcie / Clotilda / Franseza - middle names Sixtine, Fenella, Juno
    Bastian / Raphael / Cosmo / Theon / Bruno - middle names James, Emmanuel

Juliet and Leo are gorgeous! My faves from your list are Isaline and Annabel. I think Juliet and Annabel are a "natural" fit for siblings. The difference between English and French pronunciations shouldn't be too big of an issue. You spell Juliet the English way but don't the French emphasize the last syllable of "et" more like "ette"? Of course, Annabel Sixtine is much pretty than the matchy Isaline Sixtine. My third fave is Clarissa but then it would be Clarisse in French, wouldn't it? I would avoid names with a pronounced "et" sound like Violetta for example as they're too similar with Juliet. Does Juliet get the nn of Julie at all?
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Juliet and Leo are gorgeous! My faves from your list are Isaline and Annabel. I think Juliet and Annabel are a "natural" fit for siblings. The difference between English and French pronunciations shouldn't be too big of an issue. You spell Juliet the English way but don't the French emphasize the last syllable of "et" more like "ette"? Of course, Annabel Sixtine is much pretty than the matchy Isaline Sixtine. My third fave is Clarissa but then it would be Clarisse in French, wouldn't it? I would avoid names with a pronounced "et" sound like Violetta for example as they're too similar with Juliet. Does Juliet get the nn of Julie at all?
    Thanks for the reply! I personally pronounce Juliet/Juliette exactly the same and so do our French family/friends, Juliet is just well-recognized in France as the English spelling without changing the pn. She doesn't get Julie at all. We call her Lettie or Rosy (family nn), and by her French relatives she's Juju or Julielou.
    Violetta is a family name, but I guess you're right - it is fairly unusable in the first spot with Juliet. We've also thought about Viola as an alternative first name.

Clarisse and Clarissa are two different names (like Sofia vs Sofie or Anna vs Anne); Clarisse is more common in France but the French are still capable of saying Clarissa with an extra syllable.

Still not convinced about Annabel although it's a clear favourite on here (winner by far on the last poll)! I'm still thinking about it. It's pretty but I'm not in love yet.

- breeding program incomplete - planning for next bebe and heading to Southern France 2016 -

Isaline / Elvira / Annabel / Erminie / Flora / Dulcie / Clotilda / Franseza - middle names Sixtine, Fenella, Juno

Anyone else with other thoughts?

Annabel Sixtine is so sweet! I think it goes really well with Juliet and Leo. Definitely my favorite