Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    My friend in Atlanta is now out of her mind with excitement because it's snowed there
    It has been complete madness here in Atlanta: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...nprepared?lite. Luckily, I have a short commute and did not get stuck on the highway. It was 60 degrees here on Monday...I don't think anyone thought the snow would actually stick. Then everything iced over just in time for rush hour.

Quote Originally Posted by september View Post
    It has been complete madness here in Atlanta: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...nprepared?lite. Luckily, I have a short commute and did not get stuck on the highway. It was 60 degrees here on Monday...I don't think anyone thought the snow would actually stick. Then everything iced over just in time for rush hour.
    Yeah she said today that kids had to camp out in schools etc :/
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Yeah, Atlanta was hit badly. I'm hoping everything clears up soon! I can't imagine being a teacher (or student) through all of that, and having to stay at school overnight.

The thing with snow in the South is that it never stays just snow for long. During the day, it always gets just warm enough that the snow melts, but it freezes into ice overnight. So for several days after any significant snowfall (which is rare in and of itself), we always have at least two or three days of icy roads. Schools in my state have been cancelled or on delayed start since Tuesday. My school (of course!) one of the only in the state that's operating on a normal schedule today. But I doubt many will come since there's so much black ice right now.
    Tabby
    College student, nerd, Pinterest addict.

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."

Belles: Eleanor/Elinor, Isabel/Isobel, Cleo, Estelle, Angela, Virginia, Ruth, Caroline, Georgia, Cassidy, Magnolia, Elizabeth, May (*any of these names may be prefaced with Mary, Anne, Anna, or Jane)
    Beaus: James, Alden, Emery, William, Russell, Howard, Chandler, Colby

I'm currently in Galveston and the weather has been so bipolar. I still can't believe we got sleet and classes were actually cancelled I never thought in a billion years they would cancel class because of a winter weather advisory. Crazy I tell you.
    Madigan - Effie - Tamsin - Tully - Jaxie
    Thorin - Declan - Adler - Thayer - Hudson

Our high is about 30 degrees today, fiance and I keep calling it the heat wave ;p. It was around -30 on Tuesday and -40 a few weeks ago. Last winter was so mild too.