Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Modern names with a classic feel for girls

I couldn't help mirroring harperburge's thread when her question so appropriately mirrored my own burning query. I love the name Juno, nn June or Junie. I love that it fits in with modern trends, it's a bit offbeat...but then the nn June is so tame and classic. I love nicknames. I used to love long classic names like Josephine with the nn Josie or Jo and Margaret with the nn Maise or Mo. I'd love some suggestions for updated names with familiar nicknames. Anything you can think of would be lovely. I am desperate for new inspiration. Our name list is beginning to feel pretty stale.

P.S. Does anyone have nickname ideas for Lyra? My husband is just so absolutely set on it and I can't get over the fact that there are no easy nicknames.
    Caitlin Ann & Robert Curtis a.k.a Curt & Caitie
    Newlywed and Namenerd (well kinda, 9.3.12)
    Auntie to Morgan Ellen, Jason Lee, Stanna Marie, Shanna Lynn, and Eva Jean

I love family names, literary names and familiar but uncommon names. Feel free to suggest some!

Rupert~Milo~Montag~Atlas~Lucian nn Luc~Frederick nn Fritz~Tavish~Xavier~Sebastian~Henry nn Hal/Hank
    Lyra~Penelope~Juno~Valentine nn Lena~Harriet~Beatrice~Rhiannon~Philippa nn Flip~Coral~Rose

Like Josephine in length, Matilda is coming back with nn's Tilly or Tilda. Clara has an old time feel, but nn Claireis an option. Evangeline, nn's Eva, Evie, Eve, and Lena, is relatively unheard, as is Emmeline, nn's Em, Emma and more. Miriam is a biblical classic, but not heard a lot, nn's Mimi and Miri. Kathleen/Cathleen are fresher options to Katherine/Catherine, but still have nn's Kate, Katie and Kathy.
    Hope some of these help!
    Owen Matthew ~ Raul Lorenzo ~ Liam Spencer ~ Arthur Carson ~ Finnegan Chandler

Delaney Noel ~ Tamzin Evangeline ~ Emmeline Zipporah ~ Bridget Kinsey ~ Rowan Eleanor

Mabel is my newest favourite old name. NN Mae, Mel, Belle, Bella. Mabel is just so sweet!
    Teen nameberry with an ever changing list of favourites...
    Girls: Aria, Stella, Jane, Celia, Krista, Ginny, Eliza, Sadie
    Boys: Caleb, Luke Flynn, Finn, August, Alfie, Charlie, Orion.

✿ Jemima Rosemary - Fenella Beatrix Margaret - Eilidh Briar Lettice - Sibylla Agnes ''Billie''✿
    ✿ Alec Tadhg - Emmett Huw - Rufus Caspian - Harrison Rhett ✿

Susie, Magdalena, Viola, Imogen, Octavia, Ailbhe, Jessa, Raphaela, Medora, Amelia, Annabella, Ophelia, Lana.
    Oscar, Dylan, Breccan, Ingram, Wilbur, Vincent, Wolfie, Keaton, Wilfred

Traveller at heart and dreaming of future babes, but mostly I'm just an expat teenage girl from England...http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/