Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aym View Post
    I love the name Savannah -- of course my main association with it is Savannah, Georgia, which is one of the prettiest places in the south. It's lovely and classic southern. So in that case it would pair nicely with many classic / vintage names. Don't name your other baby girl Georgia!

Verity and Violet could work in this same vein.

Calla is on my short list and I think it would match beautifully, without putting you into the way-too-southern oriented category (which I'm just assuming you might like to avoid).

Camille / Camellia
    Marguerite
    Ruby
    Scarlett (Might be too southern-focused considering "Gone with the Wind")
    Sophia
    Evelyn
    Aveline
    Rosalie
    Don't worry, only one name from Savannah, Georgia for me! Haha, I would like Georgia, if one day, my future husband (who currently doesn't seem to exist in my life...) vetoed Savannah. I'm happy you see Savannah the same way I do! I love Calla, and I know a girl named Calla actually, she's lovely and it makes me like the name more

I also like Evelyn, Rosalie, Ruby, Scarlett and Aveline!

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    I don't think Savannah fits with any of the names on your list. Maybe Willa, since they can both have a sort of country/southern-ish vibe. But Willa is very now, whereas Savannah feels a bit past its prime and low-class to me. Sorry. It's not my favorite name on your list.
    I'm sorry, I really wasn't trying to offend you! That was meant as an explanations, not a jab at your taste in names. Where I live, Savannah became really trendy when I was around 10 years old or so, and it's considered dated now. You said no trendy names and no S names and no unisex names, but when I think of names to go with Savannah that's all I can think of because it's considered that sort of name here! In my mind, it goes with Madison, Sydney, Taylor, Brooklyn, and Sierra (names of my teenage niece's friends). I really am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I should have explained it differently instead of saying "low-class".

I think it would seem more elevated to me if you matched it with other "Southern" type names, but I don't know if that would be strange since you're Canadian.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    I'm sorry, I really wasn't trying to offend you! That was meant as an explanations, not a jab at your taste in names. Where I live, Savannah became really trendy when I was around 10 years old or so, and it's considered dated now. You said no trendy names and no S names and no unisex names, but when I think of names to go with Savannah that's all I can think of because it's considered that sort of name here! In my mind, it goes with Madison, Sydney, Taylor, Brooklyn, and Sierra (names of my teenage niece's friends). I really am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I should have explained it differently instead of saying "low-class".

I think it would seem more elevated to me if you matched it with other "Southern" type names, but I don't know if that would be strange since you're Canadian.
    I was a bit offended, considering it's how my own name is seen, but you're not the only one who said it, so don't take all the blame on yourself :P By trendy, all I meant was Nevaeh, McKinley, McKenna, etc. Southern names aren't too bad up here, and the area I live in is like a mini Southern US, (Seriously, sometimes I wonder if I live in Tennessee and not Ontario...) so most are probably ok. I know that where I live, unique names are quite popular - at one of the 2 elementary schools here, there's a Serissa, Sha'uri (who's blonde with blue eyes...), Maryline, Kimmy, Drummer, it goes on. A little Savannah with a sister named Tallulah, or Ruby, or even Georgia - likely wouldn't seem as weird as it does in some areas.

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,

I'm not sure if you'll consider these trendy, but I thought they sounded good with Savannah:

Madeleine
    Rae
    Kaitlyn
    Layla
    Alyssa
    Marissa
    Nora
    Reagan
    Darby
    Lacey

Hope some of those appeal to you, best of luck!
    Name Nerd

Lads who've caught my eye:
    Owen Matthew ~ Arthur Grant ~ Henry Raphael ~ Noah Atlas

Ladies who've snared my heart:
    Ingrid Noel ~ Madeleine Sloane ~ Catherine Eloise ~

Quote Originally Posted by kristennoel View Post
    I'm not sure if you'll consider these trendy, but I thought they sounded good with Savannah:

Madeleine
    Rae
    Kaitlyn
    Layla
    Alyssa
    Marissa
    Nora
    Reagan
    Darby
    Lacey

Hope some of those appeal to you, best of luck!
    I like Nora, Madeleine, Alyssa and Layla Thank you