Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Prudence

Prudence

I have a love-hate relationship with the name, Prudence. I love the nickname Pru/Prue but I have trouble liking the name as a whole. How do you feel about the name Prudence/Prue and can you think of any other full names where Prue could be used as a nickname?
    Just an 18 year old girl who loves thinking about baby names and watching TV

Show I am currently watching... Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Names from the show I like...

Phillip "Phil", Grant, Ward, Leopold "Leo", Fitz & Simmons

Melinda, May, Skye, Jemma

No to Prudence! It has inescapable sexual connotations that make being a teenager with the name really painful.

That said, I agree with you that Pru is such a cute, lively, and smart-sounding nickname. There must be another way to get to it...but if Prudence is the only way, no.

I put Prudence in the same box as Chastity, it's just more appealing in terms of sound. But in meaning? Too much hardcore teasing potential, way beyond mere rhyming and into the name itself. Sadly.

I don't care for Prudence at all. Pru is cute, but it just sounds like "prude" to me. The only name I can think of is Prunella. Do you like Rue at all.
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

I don't like Prudence at all. The only name I can think of with the potential for nickname Pru is Prunella. What do you think of Rue?
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

Prunella? Oh my god!!! Not much better than Prudence!
    Expecting #3 in September 2014 and on the name hunt already!

Mom to Jack and Evie

Boys: Frank, Alvin, Arlo, Felix, August, Angus, Hugo, Atlas, Melvin
    Girls: Mabel, Hazel, Clementine, Willamina, Olive, Alice, Penny