Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Laura

Laura

Where does the name Laura stand these days? Where do you think it is headed?

It's #280, but I think it is--or if not, should be--going up, with the revival of the classic names. And why not? It's positively lovely. Although, it's conceivable that I might just be biased, since my best friend's name is pretty darn close to that... Still, I love it!
    Annabeth Quinn • Anneliese Juliet • Bethany Laura • Bridget Rose • Iris Theodora • Isadora Lily • Isannah Clare • Isla Charlotte • Ivy Jane • Sarah Wren • Susannah Beth

Andrew Liam • Benjamin Levi • Daniel Tobias • Emmett Lucas • Eric Charles • Kenneth Ian • Nathan Christopher • Owen Miles • Timothy Bram • Theodore Penn

Laura is a classic name that is pretty yet sturdy to me. I've heard the name in my age group, which makes me think it had a peak in popularity in the mid to late 1980s. I have a feeling it was also quite popular in the late 1800s. I haven't heard it nearly as much on youngsters these days. So with that in mind I'd say it's an established but not overly common name, and I think it's lovely.

It'll probably slowly creep upwards, but then fall again.

Laura is and always will be a classic name.

She's not going anywhere .

My understanding is that she's always been, and always will be, at the top of the top 1,000 most popular names in the United States.

http://nameberry.com/blog/classic-gi...truly-timeless

A classic pairing I especially like for you:

Lucy {and} Alice
    boys' | list | forthcoming

R e t i c e n t | R o m a n c e

Araminta Ruby | Cordelia Vesper | Cressida Maeve | Esmeralda Beatrice | Guinevere Elise
    Lavinia Rosamund | Millicent Briar | Minerva Beatrice | Myrtle Josephine

I think Laura’s headed lower but that’s not a bad thing. It’ll come back. It’s classic and pretty. It was overused in my generation and yet I still like it so that’s saying something.
    TTC 2014

Adair, Alice, Arabella, Blythe, Celia, Claire, Elizabeth, Isobel, Madeline,

Archer, Bennett, Deacon, Emmett, Everett, Ezra, James, Malcolm, Malachi, Nathaniel