Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Good for you for getting back into reading! I haven't done the challenge, but I do read a lot and probably am averaging around one book a week. So far this year, I've read:

Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin (well, I started that on Dec 26, but it was a long one)
    The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
    A Hero of Our Times by Mikhail Lermontov
    Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

I'm also 3/4 of the way done The Cuckoo's Calling, so probably on average to read 52 books this year. The only challenge I do is the Classics Club (http://theclassicsclubblog.wordpress.com/), which challenges readers to make a list of 50 classic books that they would like to read in 5 years. You're supposed to blog reviews of the book, but I don't do that. I just read them. I've done 8 on my list since starting it last June.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I've done it a few times.
    It can be a lot of fun! Just don't get bogged down with stuff you don't like just because you feel pressured to finish it.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Oh, it's really admirable if you can get through all 52 books. Kudos to you I'm a fast reader myself but because I'm also doing the film challenge, I would never be able to get through a book a week.

I'm doing the Goodreads book challenge as well (have it set of 25 books because I always abandon some of my books for a couple of months). I'm currently reading The Romanovs: The Final Chapter by Robert K. Massie. He's such a phenomenal writer. The best Romanov writer out there. I'm soon going to read A Doll's House by Ibsen in my Danish class and I'm really looking forward to that. I was so lucky to get to see Gillian Anderson as Nora at Donmar Warehouse and she was spectacular and I love the story. I have actually read a couple of excellent books on royal jewellery already this year, but I don't think I'm going to count those in.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    I'm doing the Goodreads book challenge as well (have it set of 25 books because I always abandon some of my books for a couple of months). I'm currently reading The Romanovs: The Final Chapter by Robert K. Massie. He's such a phenomenal writer. The best Romanov writer out there. I'm soon going to read A Doll's House by Ibsen in my Danish class and I'm really looking forward to that. I was so lucky to get to see Gillian Anderson as Nora at Donmar Warehouse and she was spectacular and I love the story. I have actually read a couple of excellent books on royal jewellery already this year, but I don't think I'm going to count those in.
    I totally agree about Massie. I read his biography of Catherine the Great about a year ago, and it was great. I have Peter the Great on my to-read list. :-)
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Finished Dr No by Ian Fleming today. It surprised me and is actually one of the best books I have read for a long time, certainly my favourite of the challenge so far.

I am writing a review of each book on my blog as well to help me document my challenge.
    Name lover & Engaged to a wonderful man

Lilith - Vesper - Francesca - Tiffany - Lark - Viola - Naomi - Eloise - Layla - Amy - Phoebe - Freya
    Zachary - Alexander - Tristan - George - Axel - Dominic - Loki - Malachi- Rowan - Harvey - Griffin - Briar

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/