10 15.63%
  • Elijah Roland

22 34.38%
  • Elijah Augustus

20 31.25%
  • Other. Please explain.

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I really had trouble picking just one in the poll, so I'm happy that you asked for our reasoning!
    I voted for Elijah Augustus, because I really like how they sound together, and also because I love the name Augustus (though I may prefer Augustine, if only because St. Augustine is the name of a church in our diocese).

However, I also really like Elijah Roland. Rolan (without a D, I think) was my great-grandfather's name (he went by Rollie), and I've always thought Roland was an under-appreciated classic.

My third choice would have been Perseus, though it's not up there quite as high as Roland and Augustus. The more I say it, though, the more in love I am with Elijah Augustus. Maybe it's the pairing of an ancient Roman emperor and a famous biblical figure (as opposed to a famous biblical figure paired with a more nineteenth-century British sounding name, in my opinion), or maybe it's the syllables again, but whatever the reason, I just adore it! However, as it looks like Roland is in 1st place, I'll be happy regardless.

Hope this helps! Oh, and I saw your signature. I, too, am a name collector. It's just so much fun, isn't it?
    -Caroline Gabrielle K.

-------------------------

CURRENT FAVORITE NAMES

Augustine "Auggie", Theodore "Theo", George, Benjamin (Ben, Benjie, Benny), Francis "Frankie", Hamish.
    Evangeline "Annie", Eloise / Elizabeth "Ella", Kathleen "Katie / Kate",

Thank you for your detailed comment Carly!

I've actually thought of using Rolan because I wasn't fond of the 'd' being pronounced in Roland. When I first heard Roland the 'd' wasn't pronounced, but it seems like that is the correct way. I prefer the sound of Rolan, but I think Roland has a better balance look-wise.

I'm leaning more toward Elijah Augustus. While I do love Perseus I think it'd go better with a more simple name. Elijah isn't out there, but I think it has a bit more pop than names like John and Robert.

It is. It also is kind of addictive.

For anyone interested in the poll tally:
    Elijah Augustus 13 votes
    Elijah Perseus 7 votes
    Elijah Roland 18 votes
    Elijah Balthazar 9 votes

I did two polls. One on nameberry and one on BehindtheName so I combine the votes.

Elijah Roland seems to be the front runner and it's definitely in my final two. I think I'm leaning towards Elijah Augustus though.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

I'm going with Elijah Augustus, but I'm a bit worried about the 'a' sounds at the ending of Elijah and beginning of Augustus. Am I the only one that notices that? It's probably just me over-thinking.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

Elijah Roland got my vote. Handsome combo! Runner up would be Elijah Augustus.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Quote Originally Posted by ikfly View Post
    I'm going with Elijah Augustus, but I'm a bit worried about the 'a' sounds at the ending of Elijah and beginning of Augustus. Am I the only one that notices that? It's probably just me over-thinking.
    No. I was actually going to mention this as a consideration when choosing between Roland and Augustus! I know lots of people who don't let this kind of thing bother them, so you don't need to let it bother you, but this is one of the things I notice and try to avoid in my own "dream combos." It'll just mean you'll need to pause an instant between saying Elijah and Augustus, so they don't run together.

Between the two, I would have chosen Elijah Roland. I love the sound, including the shared L, and Roland has a dash and gallantry about it that augments the bold O.T. imagery of Elijah very nicely. Roland's underused status also complements the popularity of Elijah.

I also like Augustus with Elijah, just not as much as Roland, except for the look of the two names together. Augustus is longer than Roland, making Elijah Augustus look more...I don't know...finished?
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet