Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: When did you announce your baby name?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right away- told everyone the boy/girl choice

3 7.69%
  • As soon as we found out the gender

7 17.95%
  • Later in the pregnancy

3 7.69%
  • At birth!!!

22 56.41%
  • Other- please explain

4 10.26%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

When did you reveal your baby name and why???

I have always been frustrated with friends who wait to reveal their baby's name until birth. Let's face it, I am nosy and love names!! I can, however, understand why some people wait... Did you have your name picked out years ago and that was that? Go back and forth? Announce/decide right away? After you found out the gender? At birth? I appreciate your thoughts on the matter!!!
    Happily married and have just found out we are expecting our first bundle of joy October 2014!!!

I don't have children, but I want to wait until after birth. I plan to give my children names that my husband and I love and think that our son/daughter will love as well. I'm not interested in hearing anyone else's opinions, as I know of too many people who were talked out of using a name they loved because of rude feedback from family and friends.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

We decided and revealed when we found out the gender.
    Kendra Kay

Mommy to JohnPaul Christopher and Graham Jacob Michael
    Stepmomma to Falon Renee and Scarlet Gene

TTC July 2015
    Anna Christina Kay or WIlliam Henry Lee

We chose our daughters name before we found out what we were having, and told everyone as soon as we found out. It took time to grow on everyone, and I am glad they were able to do that before she arrived. This time, we hope to tell everyone at our gender reveal gathering, but that will only give us a few days to decide, so we'll see! If not then, we will tell everyone as soon as we decide.
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher

We didn't reveal the name until birth. We didn't find out the gender until birth either, so the identity of our little one was a mystery to everyone, including us!

We had our boy and girl options picked out well in advance. In fact, we picked the boy name before we were even married, years before we starting trying to conceive.

We chose not to share because we didn't want or need anyone else's input, which we would have gotten if we had discussed it openly.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille and Baby #2 due April 8th!

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: Fiona Corinne