Names Searched Right Now:

Naming Character X

Hey Berries! I'm writing a story on Fanfiction.net and I need help naming a character. It's a Percy Jackson and the Olympian fic. She's a daughter of Poseidon and Sally. Black hair, tan skin, sea green eyes. I like Melody, but I can't use it (name of Ariel the Mermaid's daughter). I also like Zoe, but I'm not sure. So... any names? Should I use Zoe? Thanks!

Rules:

1. Must be a Greek name.
    2. Must have a good association (with mythical history— Sally named her son Perseus because he was one of the few heroes to get a happy ending. Also would like a good meaning, but doesn't have to have one.)
    3. Must not be a goddess's name (or at least a well known goddess) (if Hera (let's say that was the daughter of Poseidon's name) met Hera it would be a little weird to write)

Oh yeah hardertobreathe and meganashley, forgot to say that was why I was worried about using Zoe. She (Spoiler!!!!) dies so that's why I was considering it. But yeah...
    Last edited by namenerdandwriterinc; January 27th, 2014 at 09:48 PM.
    NamenerdAndWriterInc.

Girls (in no order): Lennox, Thalia, Cato, Storm, Piper, Melody, Sadie, Raina, Sienna, Phoenix, Ariel, Leven, Merida, Sage, Thisbe, Sky/e, Tris, Arrietty, Carys, Rain/e

Boys (in no order): Aaron, Tobias, Nico, Carter

I wouldn't use the name Zoe, because there is already a PJO character named Zoe (Zoe Nightshade, in the Titan's Curse).
    I'll suggest
    Eleri
    Elodie
    Ember
    Evanthe/Evanthia
    Illia
    Ione
    Ianthe
    Leora
    Maren
    Marilla
    Xanthe
    Xavia
    Adriana (Just mentioning because I had a OC in my first fanfic, which was PJO, who was a sister to Percy named Adriana. I couldn't resist)
    Adria
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    Zoe, Veronica, Selene, Thalia, Magdalena, Adeline, Alice, Cleo, Isadora/Isidora, & Phoebe

Dimitri, Augustus, Jude, Gregory, Tobias, Leo, Samuel, James, Jason, & Orion

Crushing On: Nicoletta, Louisa, Ariadne, Eleanor & Benjamin, Nico, Giedon

Have a fabulous day!

-rubs hands together eagerly-

I think Zoe was already a character in PJ&O. Zoe Nightshade, if I recall, was Artemis's former lieutenant. Hm. It seems Sally is a fan of naming her kid after a Greek hero, so what about the name Hero (she was a girl in mythology)? Or Andromeda "Andy" (might be weird if this is Percy's sister, since she was the wife of Perseus, unless this is an AU in which Percy was not born, in which case, I implore you: use it), Helen, Iphigenia "Gen", Ismene "Is/Izzy", or Penelope "Penny/Nel/Nellie."
    Annabeth Elise • Anneliese Juliet • Bethany Laura • Bridget Rose • Emmeline Lucy • Gabriella Day • Iris Theodora • Isadora Gwen • Isannah Clare • Isla Charlotte • Ivy Susannah • Lila Imogen • Mariella Jane • Samantha Bryony • Sarah Wren

Aaron Cody • Andrew Jared • Benjamin Levi • Daniel Tobias • Elliot Mark • Ethan Charles • Felix Fuentes • Jonah Anthony • Kenneth Ian • Nathan Christopher • Noah Levon • Owen Miles • Sterling Alan • Timothy Bram • Theodore Penn • Tristan Riley

Thanks meganashley and hardertobreathe! I ended up using Thalassa (means 'the sea'), but I have at least two names I'll use for a possible-future-fic. By the way, here's the link to it if you want to read it: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10057400/1/Thalassa
    NamenerdAndWriterInc.

Girls (in no order): Lennox, Thalia, Cato, Storm, Piper, Melody, Sadie, Raina, Sienna, Phoenix, Ariel, Leven, Merida, Sage, Thisbe, Sky/e, Tris, Arrietty, Carys, Rain/e

Boys (in no order): Aaron, Tobias, Nico, Carter

@namenerdandwriterinc- I used Thalassa for Adriana's last name in my first fanfic. Love it!
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    Zoe, Veronica, Selene, Thalia, Magdalena, Adeline, Alice, Cleo, Isadora/Isidora, & Phoebe

Dimitri, Augustus, Jude, Gregory, Tobias, Leo, Samuel, James, Jason, & Orion

Crushing On: Nicoletta, Louisa, Ariadne, Eleanor & Benjamin, Nico, Giedon

Have a fabulous day!