Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Connie and Fay

Connie and Fay

Ah, Connie and Fay, my dream sibset. They are both absolutely adorable, and sound so singsong when you say them out loud. They look good side by side on paper, too. But they're both so short, and I have no interest in Fiona or Felicity, Consuela, Conscience or Constance. I also have no middle names for either in their short form.

My style of name is quite outlandish at times, and I like a good, solid unisex name now and again (Avery, Harper, Haley). I also LOVE Irish/Celtic/Gaelic names, with their original spellings. I like spunky, fun nicknames with more serious (but still fun) full names that they can be used for more serious affairs.

I'd really appreciate some help to preserve my perfect sibset! Full names for either, and middles as well. Thank you!
    Madison, 13, teenberry, writer, and dreamer
    Elisabeth Verona "Evie", Briar Magdalene, Seraphina Lea (prn LEE), Elysia Quinn, Stella Rosalind, Gwendolyn Saige "Gwen" or "Winnie", Dahlia Niamh, Alessandra Kate, Eleni Mathile, Charlotte Sylvana "Char"

Donovan Howard, Micah Rhys, Judah Matthew, Niall Maddox, Fabian Luca, Nikolai Roan, Cassius Noble, Tobin Porter, Theo Xavier, Evan Beckett

Today's Crushes: Glenda and Ronan

This is crazy oh my gosh - when I was younger (7-ish) my little sister had friends who were twins called Connie and Fay. They were about 3 at the time and had the cutest brown curly hair.

Anyway, I absolutely think both are valid without fuller names.

Fay especially, since it's the Olde English word for fairy. For some reason it boils my blood when people try and give perfectly nice stand alone names random fuller versions with nothing to do with the original (ie: Olivia nn Ivy? Penelope nn Poppy? WHY?) so yes, Fay is definitely okay on it's own!
    Connie is originally short for Constance, but is fine without. It's ranked #162 in the UK (#89 in NI alone).

You might like...
    Fay Marina
    Fay Jessamine
    Fay Gloria
    Fay Gwendolen
    Fay Annalena
    Fay Evangeline
    Fay Caoimhe
    Fay Electra
    Fay Angelina
    Fay Mhairi
    Fay Violet
    Fay Elowen
    Fay Deirdre
    Fay Adriana
    Fay Seraphina (Seraphina Fay has been on my list in the past)
    Fay Aurora
    Fay Saskia
    Connie Ofelia
    Connie Madeline
    Connie Genevieve
    Connie Oona
    Connie Celeste
    Connie Olympia
    Connie Winona
    Connie Nuala
    Connie Lavender
    Connie Illyria
    Connie Elske
    Connie Francesca
    Connie Jessamy
    Connie Maeve
    Connie Emer
    Connie Magda
    Connie Viola
    Connie Rosamund
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal.

★ close to my heart / future darlings; ★
    Estella - Oona - Margaret - Imogen - Billie - Eilidh - Jemima
    Emmett - Eoghan - Wilf - Alec - Nicholas - William - Hugh

I used to know a Faylea, which is something, and Faye is also a more rounded out spelling. I've got nothing for Connie
    ~~~~~~14 year old Canadian geek~~~~~~
    Girls:
    Alaska, Laila, Jasmine, Rachel, Amara, Daine, Anne, Sarai, Caroline, Alianne, Freya, Sophie, Coraline, Beth
    Combos: Alaska Jasmine, Alianne Inara, Laila Coraline, Freya Sarai, Anne Zaina, Rachel Amira, Amara May, Sophie Noor, Beth Aziza
    Boys:
    Avery, Rowan, Stellan, Sky, Dusk, Hart, Castiel, Alastair
    Combos: Dusk Alexander, Sky Amir, Hart Ismail

I think Faye/Fay stands well on its own whereas Connie sounds like a nickname. That said, names that have traditionally been nicknames seem to be more accepted as full names nowadays so it wouldn't be incredibly out there to use as is. You'll just get that question about what Connie is short for -- I can think of a lot worse! Here's some that could work as well.

Cornelia
    Coryn
    Corrine / Corinna / Coralie
    Coleen

For Fay there is

Phaedra
    Felicia
    Farrah

Connie & Fay is incredibly cute just as it is though and worth going for if you really love it.

I love Phaedra as a full name for Fay, and I'd also use Theophania (pn: Thee-oh-FAY-nee-a) as a full name for Fay, but that's probably a bit too out there.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ CajaVictorianaBelladonnaFabianJayHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •