Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Moving On From Cleora, How About Cléophée?

Well, I've gotten bad responses from Cleora, so I guess I should just move on and leave it as a GP. I love Cleo as a nn, and someone suggested Cléophée. Cleo-fay. I love the sound. I'd probably drop the accent on the first e, as I don't live in France. What do you think? Usable? I grew up with a hard to pronounce name, and hated it. But Cléophée is so pretty. I think I could get over it. What do you think? Any other Cleo names you like better?
    If you think it is usable, should I spell it Cléophée, Cleophée, Cleophee? Something more phonetic?
    I really love Cleo, but not on its own. Cleo just feels too short (and it was a dog on the TV show Clifford the Big Red Dog when I was a kid). I'm really struggling to find a name I could use it for. I've gotten Calliope, but I feel like it is a big jump. Cleopatra is a 1 woman name. Cleome, Cleone, Cleona? Nothing feels right. Lost & confused. Need some convincing on which Cleo name is best. So if no to Cléophée, tell me your favorite Cleo nn name.
    Thanks!
    HTB
    Last edited by hardertobreathe; January 25th, 2014 at 10:12 PM.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Basil | Tobias | Nico | Abram | Samuel | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Delia | Helena | Lena | Margo | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

I think some girl

might like being named that, but I cannot think of any. I teach kids and it just seems cruel to name a child that name.

But I could be mistaken. Talk to some grade school, middle school, and high school girls and see what they say.

What about just Cleo or Clio? Sometimes simplest is best and where you want to be is where you should start.

I think Cléophée is a lovely name, but spelled like this I'd pronounce it Clay-oh-fay, if it was spelled Cleophée, I'd pronounce it Clee-oh-fay (which I prefer), and I think most people would do the same. But I'm just using my rather limited knowledge of French pronunciations to base this on. It is a really beautiful name, I'd use it.
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    ✦ Pandora Valencia Fae ✧ Evanthe Lyra Annabeth ✦
    Little Misses
    ✧ Caspian Sherlock Walter ✦ Phoenix Arthur Blaise ✧
    Mister Men

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

@lesliemarion- I understand what you are saying. It is just too weird for real use, too grand and strange looking. I thought about it last night, being named Cléophée would not be so great. Spelling/pronunciation would be a nightmare. But I do love the sound. Cleo just feels too short/nicknamey to me. I'll have to think about it, let it grow on me a bit.
    @myosotis- I'm glad someone other than myself loves the sound of it.

SO, if Cleophée is a dud/not usable, is Cleone (or Cleonie?) or Cleona better? Or Cleome? Which is best?
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Jane | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Nina | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Basil | Tobias | Nico | Abram | Samuel | James |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Delia | Helena | Lena | Margo | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    Cleophee regardless of where the accents are, is a little too frou-frou for me, but I really, really like Cleonie. I'm also a big fan of Clio.
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe