Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Help.!

Dunno if I'm hoping for Irish... deffo wouldnt mind it :-/

Mother tongue is Danish, but have Norwegian relatives and friends in Japan, Germany, Holland, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden and England... Hence the need for internationalism, at least to some degree (can't please all)

Dad speaks Danish, I speak English (Br. accent), so for Anya (and all like it) I would say ah-nia, dad would say aa-nia...

Best names would be ones assimilated unchanged into MT eg Emily, Melanie, Monique, because for eg Danielle & Charlotte, the final e is "prominent", but with an eh/uh sound that is tricky fir English speakers especially. In Skandinavian languages Charlotte has more syllables than Charlot, and therefore they are two very different names...

I am trying to lock away Enya, but it's hard when it fulfills all if my 'practical' criteria, and give me butterflies. But if it makes daddy cringe everytime he'd have to say it :-( I wouldnt want to cause a ripple between dad & daughter becoz I was stubborn about a name...

Most of the suggestions made fail on at least one of "pronunciation," "association" etc... And all have been found/seen/heard elsewhere. I'm sure the hormones arent helping the situation much either ><

I kinda like Mira, but don't you break your tongue a little on Mira Mathilde?

Here's an idea. How about her first name be Mathilde? Liam and Mathilde works just fine.
    Also, it's great that you are so internationally diverse, but you can't worry about all your friends being able to pronounce your daughter's name. You just say over the phone, "you pronounce it this way..." and it's fine.
    Mira seems like your best option but here are a few more ideas. I couldn't understand/remember all your criteria but hopefully these fit:
    Lucy - breaks L criteria, but is pretty international IMO
    Marie or Maria
    Sophie or Sophia
    Olive
    Rose
    Erin
    Ella
    Isla
    Dana
    Tara
    Bria
    Willa
    Kate
    Calla
    Alice
    Or maybe something more traditional:
    Katherine, Elizabeth, Marianne, Susannah

Also, Mira Mathilde is sweet. Mathilde works as a fn though, you could just use that.

Clara, Isla, Tessa, Flora, Greta, Eve, Zara, Celia

Oscar, Albus, Felix, Ronan, Wally, Wyatt, Henry, Asher

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

What about Kate, Arya (are-ya) or Mia
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Tallulah★Ruby☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com