Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    With a down to earth nn such as Monty or Jack I don't find it pretentious, now if he were to go by Simon John -land IV all the time it would feel rather pretentious. So I say if you love the name, go for it, just use a nn to avoid confusion
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore Solomon "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus Westley "Zeke" ~

It sounds a bit like a Pope

but there is nothing inherently wrong with Simon or John as names. Just leave off the number and it will sound normal.

Simon John isn't pretentious at all. It sounds very friendly and approachable. Keep the IV.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Caroline

I don't think it's pretentious but he might struggle with being a fourth....

My older brother is Theodore Haines Rhodes VII and it's always been hard for him. He goes by Haines but he's always getting my dad and grandpa's bills and mail and anything involving the government (passport, id, health insurance, you name it) is a complete nightmare.

Honoring Simon John is a wonderful idea but think about how it affects him in the future before you pull the trigger.

Maybe give him his own first name and then his two middle names could be Simon John. (The first thing that came to mind was Maxwell Simon John: Phoebe, Emmeline, and Max )

Emmeline and Phoebe are beautiful names though!

Congrats!!
    [CENTER][COLOR="#00FF00"]Drew Hollis Rhodes[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="#FFA500"]Mama to Rucker and soon to be baby boy #2[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]:D[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Impact][COLOR="#00FFFF"]Thaddeus Boyd Crew Wyatt Stetson Todd Scotty Cotton Tripp Hitch Leo[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Amity Hunter Everly Ridley Ryan Kelly Wesley Rory[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Simon John is great, you should go for it if you love it!

Personally I think I'd give him his own name with Simon and John as middles as a compromise between tradition and practicality but as Simon is so lovely I wouldn't mind using it.

I'm pregnant with boy girl twins too, congrats! What was your inspiration for your girl's name? It's stunning!

Good luck!
    Our perfect little family:
    Quentin, Casper and Ramona