Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emily

Ah, my name! I used to hate that I was an Emily, since I went through school being referred to as "Emily C." for years. However, I'm 25, so I was named right around the time Emily was really booming. Now that I'm older, I really appreciate my name for it's simplicity and beauty! I agree that the name does get shortened "affectionately". I had all sorts of goober nicknames in middle/high school that make me laugh in retrospect.

Anyway, yes, I think it's a great name, but I could be a little biased.
    - Em
    Jameson Lewis debuting October 2nd!
    Ronan Charles | Asher Heath
    Lorelei Ruby | Hazel Marian | Nadia Laurel

One more thing, at my summer camp, there are three girls named Emily P. But one goes by a version of her last name, another goes by Em or a version of her last name, and the third goes by Emily. They make it work. There are also 4 Allison's. 1 Alison goes by Ali, another goes by Allison A- because her last name starts with A. Another is Al, and the last is Allison. Popularity isn't too big a deal, people make their names work for them.
    Isla, Sadie, Neva, Thalia, Leora, Sylvia, Maeve, Flora, Aria & Tessa
    Noah, Henry, Ronan, Wyatt, August, Caleb, Grant, Charlie, Flynn & Alfie

Quote Originally Posted by waverly123 View Post
    One more thing, at my summer camp, there are three girls named Emily P. But one goes by a version of her last name, another goes by Em or a version of her last name, and the third goes by Emily. They make it work. There are also 4 Allison's. 1 Alison goes by Ali, another goes by Allison A- because her last name starts with A. Another is Al, and the last is Allison. Popularity isn't too big a deal, people make their names work for them.
    Agree 100% with this.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

I have Emily on my name list in the middle spot I quite like it! I'd pair Emily with a more unusual middle name, just to keep it interesting

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

Emily is a lovely, timeless name. I don't think it will ever fall out of favor. I do think that some other Em- beginning names will become more popular, as people love the sound but are looking for ways to make it more ... unique? So in that case going with the original Emily or Emma might be unique!