Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Mamas Who Love Unusual Names - Help!

We are expecting our first little boy in April. Ever since I became pregnant I have felt that his name should be Aidan, but I cringe because the name is so very popular right now. But it feels so *right* for this little boy in my tummy. His middle name will be Parmalee - named after a character in a western novel my husband loves. Because DH chose his middle name he has given me complete control of the first name and I struggle every day. I love unusual old fashioned, strong names. Also love nature names. I prefer his name not end with an S since our last name begins with one. His sister is Elizabeth (Eliza) Murray. I would love to hear your ideas. Thank you!!

There is nothing wrong with Aidan! It's a lovely name, which is why it became popular. I was a little concerned about using a more popular name, too. The list we went in with only had one top thousand name, Odin. Then we meet our little boy and ended up using a name that we had kind of pushed aside because of popularity... I think it stayed in our heads because it was the right name. Please don't choose a name that you love less just so he isn't another Aidan. I'm certain that you'll regret it.

That said, here are names that I think feel similar to Aidan but are a little less popular:

Alden
    Asher
    Bram
    Adrian
    Callum
    Rhys
    Simon
    Ash
    Jarvis
    Malcolm
    Leander
    Oleander
    Stellan
    Calvin
    Drake
    Rowan
    Orion
    August
    Theo
    Blaine
    Last edited by pistachio; January 25th, 2014 at 03:25 PM.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Killian Bram . Angus Rex . Dexter Linus . Remy Wolfram . Rex Oliver . Wren Winter . Augusta Fox . Winnie Pomeline . Starling Delilah . Zinnia Axelle . Thora Violet

Eliza and Aidan are perfect! I think they are a great sibset and great on their own. If Aidan feels right, and there are no other names you are dying to use, go for it.
    Teen nameberry with an ever changing list of favourites...
    Girls: Aria, Stella, Jane, Celia, Krista, Ginny, Eliza, Sadie
    Boys: Caleb, Luke Flynn, Finn, August, Alfie, Charlie, Orion.

Thank you all, you are making me feel better! I've always liked the name Aidan but never considered using it before I got pregnant, simply because Aidian and the sound-alike names have been all the rage. Then I got pregnant with a little boy...and he just *is* an Aidan, I know. ::hugs:: and thank you for your wisdom.

You wouldn’t want to go too out there with a classic sibling of Elizabeth anyway…Aidan is a fine name if it feels right. And goes with Eliza well. But if you still want suggestions:
    Eliza and Isaac Parmalee
    Eliza and Vincent Parmalee
    Eliza and Hugh Parmalee
    Eliza and Arthur Parmalee
    current favorite names:

Hugo/Zac/Eero/Reeve/Rafferty/Evander/Otto/Ralph/Otis/Rupert

Hattie/Reeva/Matilda/Winnie/Priya/Lola/Indigo/Thea/Mela