Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Hmmm maybe not actually. Baby Center said it was 253 for 2013 and 45 in 2014? How would they know for 2014?! Just a guess I suppose? That seems unrealistic.
    "Mom" to 2 border collies- Jude Nathaniel & Jonah Samuel

Top 5 girls have always been: Mary, Frances, Elizabeth, Henriette, Margaret

Top 5 boys have always been: George, Peter, Francis, Benjamin "Benji", Arthur
    Check out out my Ethiopia adoption blog!

Oh gosh! That must be so exciting!

Well then she might have an absolutely perfect Ethiopian name already. It'll be exciting to find out. In which case Veda would make a lovely middle name.

I have a couple friends who have adopted and all have chosen a new first name while keeping the chosen name as a middle.

Naming trends are pretty wild compared to previous generations. Seems like it wasn't so much a worry in years past to go for a top 100 name. Is there a name that relates to your heritage or has significance where you're from that speaks to you? might be a neat way to honor her origins as well as her new beginnings.

Well my entire family (all women in my family) have the middle name Jean- which I'm not a big fan of- but I'll probably use it anyway. Most of the Amharic names that babies are given are really not to my liking I hate to say- but if I love what her name is already- of course I would consider keeping it. I'll probably do the double middle name approach in this circumstance even though I'm not usually huge on two middle names. My last name rhymes with Dell so it would sound something like this:

Veda Jean Bezawit Dell

(I used a random Ethiopian girls name that is kind of representative of the type of name she might have.)

Something along those lines! Just need to figure out that perfect first name. Fortunately with the adoption process- you have plenty of time to decide. I'll probably end up overthinking it and ending up more confused than ever once I receive her referral!

Thanks for the help!

Also Ethiopia is a country with a lot of Christian roots- so I would consider a very Christian name too- even though I'm more spiritual than Christian.

One truly multicultural name that I really love is Amara... It has ties and beautiful meanings in many cultures including African. It is a form of Mary in some countries. I think a classic name like Mary or Elizabeth could work too but I personally would probably go for something truly multicultural like Amara....