Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysessha View Post
    I have a bit of a wild-card suggestion for you: Aurora. It means "dawn," so there is the link to your current name, with a much more interesting/pleasing sound, and you could go by the androgynous nickname of Rory, which is spunky, edgy on a girl, a little bit quirky, and seems to fit your style (boyish names that end in "ee" sounds).

Good luck with your transition! I feel your pain. I am in the process of changing my name as well
    I'd second this. I also think Dana is a good choice.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Wow, thanks to everyone who replied!

I agree that I tend to really like names that are more masculine, but still easily go both ways. I think I'm ready to eliminate Jailen and Chandler from the list, and Julian too. Also, I think Dana is still a possibility because it's cute, but I'm still a tad bit ambivalent about it.

Eden, Logan, Evan, Jules and Rory especially stood out to me, along with some others I'm probably forgetting. I love the idea of doing Aurora and nicknaming myself Rory, that's something interesting I've never considered. I don't know if I would do this though since I tried saying the name out loud and can't seemed to say it right, which might be a problem. Also, it's a bit girly even with the boyish nickname, so I would probably just name myself Rory alone.

What about jay? Or Devin (I dislike the spelling Devon for some reason.) Are those too boyish? I don't know, I just kind of lean toward more boyish androgynous names. I don't know if Jamie and Casey are too cutesy for my personality, and I don't really like the spelling Jessie, so if I used this name (which I like a lot,) it would probably be Jesse.

Micah???

Thanks much!

I have a similar issue with my name, but thankfully it is just a middle name so I just don't tell anyone
    I do like the idea of Dana, just because it is similar to Dawn. But overall I think Logan is a really well suited name and personally would be my pick.

I agree w/ Mischa. Dana or Darcy would be excellent.

Good luck and please keep us posted!
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Audrey, Rose, Naomi, Maisie, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Paul, Henry, Miles, Arthur, Samuel, Seth

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

No, I don't think Devin is too boyish (or girlish) at all, and I actually like that the best. It seems to tick all the boxes of what you wanted. I like that it is a name I've heard around for years (so it's realistic that you would have been given this name years ago) but it has the ring of a lot of names that are on trend now (Gavin, Aidan, etc.) Dev is a cool nickname as well.

It seems like you've put a lot of thought into this and reasoned it out well. Good luck on your naming journey!