Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zuzanna?

I actually love the name Zuzanna! It's unique, stylish, and just a tad bit old-fashioned - in a good way. I love the way it sounds in my mouth. Zuzanna. It's lovely. Maybe I'm biased because Z names always intrigue me, but oh, well. Love the name.
    Erin; student, writer, Nerdfighter, and Slytherin.
    Favorite names of the moment: Cyra & Gideon.

Quote Originally Posted by oliviasarah View Post
    I love love love Zuzanna! It's so beautiful and fun, plus I know the sweetest little Zuzanna. I love repitition in names too (almost all my favourites have it) and this is perfect.

The only reason it's not on my list is the nickname Zuzu... it's absolutely adorable and I like the fact it's the little girl's name in It's A Wonderful Life. However, it's also the equivilant of 'Peepee' in Luganda, a regional Ugandan language; I don't speak a massive amount of it but I've lived there for a while and briefly volunteered in a nursery class there, where kids would bow and ask 'zuzu, ma?' when they need the toilet. It's kind of hard to shake that connection for me!
    I'd likely only call her Zuzanna, but Susannah just reminds me of Susie/Susan - aka my nearly 100 year old great great aunt who actually still does not realise I'm related to her (I'm turning 19 this year...), not fond memories

I love the spunk behind it, I think that's what attracted me. It's also quite popular in Ireland, I was looking at the Irish top 100 because I love Saoirse and Maeve so much, I wanted a few more ideas, and then I found Zuzanna I also believe Zuzanna's the most popular Susan/Susannah/Susanna name in England and Wales too.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Erin; student, writer, Nerdfighter, and Slytherin.
    Favorite names of the moment: Cyra & Gideon.

"Wren." Teenberry (14). Far from kids, but name obsessed.
    Current favorites: Clementine Renee | Timea Vesper | Odette Mara/Endellion | Opal Annabeth | Molly Sapphira | Zephyrine Molly | Cleora Lavender | Zephyra Winter | Tallulah Sage | Saskia Ruby/Lotus | Clementine Lucette Arcadia ||
    Hollis Charles | Azure Finnegan | Floyd Peregrin Michael
    GPs: Crimson | Saoirse | Hero | Lotus | Lolita | Bethany | Cameo || Garland

Haha shame because Susie is absolutely adorable! I think entirely of the Moonrise Kingdom character. Zuzi is cute as well. .

What about Shoshanna? Possibly a bit much for a non-Jewish child but it's just as lively and fun, and the character in Girls makes it a bit more usable. I've always liked Hosanna too, which is similar, but a bit more biblical.
    close to my heart
    Rufus - Alec - Emmett - Wes
    Billie - Estella - Jemima - Eilidh

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)