Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help! Third boy, fussy taste, running out of names!

Hi, nameberry newbie here - feeling stuck and need some help/opinions!

Baby boy number three on the way. Brother to Mattias Jack and Lukas Henry. Husband's family is Norwegian so hence the fussiness - I want first names that are pronounced the same way in both languages. Oliver, Thomas and Eric all fit the criteria and were on our first list but in the following five year have been used as first names by my sisters, and the cousins see each other all the time so it wouldn't work.

The current front runner is August Mackenzie. Mackenzie is a family name (as are Jack and Henry), but it am flexible on using that. My sister has used it as a middle name for her daughter, and I had never heard of August as a girls name until today when I told a friend it was a front runner, and she said it was more of a girls names to her. I think it is more commonly used in Scandinavia than here, so she found it quite unusual.

So I am wondering if August Mackenzie sounds feminine?

Also, open to any and all suggestions for names that would go well with Mattias (mutt tee us) and Lukas. The main problem areas are name beginning with J or with a th that would become a hard T in Norwegian.

Names we like include Oskar, Aleksander

Thanks

I like August Mackenzie! Not too feminine imo.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crushes:
    Shae - Mallory - Margaret - Dorothy - Boden - Luca - Veda
    Huckleberry - Colt - Benno - Fielder - Lonan - Kick - Shannon - Bodhi - Harvey

I love the name August. I don't think it's feminine at all.

I have some of the same pronunciation problems as you would, being from Germany.

I think August is definitely a masculine name, but paired with Mackenzie it comes across as more feminine as Mackenzie is most commonly used as a girl's name. I think August is a really strong, nice name, but perhaps consider pairing it with a different middle name.

What about:

Markus
    Andreas/Anders
    Samuel
    Conrad
    Milo
    Flynn/Finn
    Felix
    Arthur
    Peter
    Paul
    Dominic
    Magnus

I like Henry, August just isn't my style.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.