Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3 12.50%
  • No!

21 87.50%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hunger Games Name!

I've taken such a liking to Haymitch recently. I know it's similar to Hamish but I just like Haymitch more.

Your thoughts, opinions and possible nicknames for this name? Let me know :-)
    Julie Dane | 16 | Danish | Name nerd | With a love for many names.

Meredith ◊ Amara ◊ Ariadne ◊ Kennedy ◊ Scarlett ◊ Cobie ◊ April ◊ Vivienne ◊ Marilyn
    Jeremy ◊ Ian ◊ Elijah ◊ Damon ◊ Ethan ◊ Carlisle ◊ Dallas ◊ Sullivan ◊ Derek

Anybody got any thoughts to share?
    Julie Dane | 16 | Danish | Name nerd | With a love for many names.

Meredith ◊ Amara ◊ Ariadne ◊ Kennedy ◊ Scarlett ◊ Cobie ◊ April ◊ Vivienne ◊ Marilyn
    Jeremy ◊ Ian ◊ Elijah ◊ Damon ◊ Ethan ◊ Carlisle ◊ Dallas ◊ Sullivan ◊ Derek

Some Hunger Games names are not usable due to the strong association with the franchise. I think Haymitch and Katniss are two of the names that fit into this category. I guess you could use either in the middle spot but even then it just seems that the parents were strangely obsessed with the books and films. There are lots of great names contained in the books that don't scream out Hunger Games because (1) they're long established names and (2) they're not specifically made up to sound like other names (Hamish-Haymitch). In English, Haymitch sounds like someone is yelling "hey, Mitch!".
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I quite like it, but I wouldn't use it. It's associated with the books/movies too strongly.
    polina, nineteen
    french/russian/swedish living in st. petersburg, russia
    art history major, web developer

clementine + ottoline + romilly + sybella + matilda
    wilhelmina + tallulah + marlowe + emiliana + saskia

felix + sebastian + milo + oscar + fabian
    cosmo + archer + rufus + dashiell + caius

{ mommy to jagger the cat }

Some Hunger Games names are not usable due to the strong association with the franchise. I think Haymitch and Katniss are two of the names that fit into this category.
    I completely agree with what Mischa said. I would say that Haymitch is too 'Hunger Games' to be usable at the moment. However, there are others that would be fine! How about...
    Gale
    Primrose
    Johanna
    Cato
    Rue
    Caesar
    Claudius
    Portia
    Mummy to two little princes born 16/1/14
    A: Arthur Florian Edward Wright
    B: Frederick "Freddie" Robin Jude Wright

Baby number three expected to land in April 2015!

Phineas † Henry † Leo † Sebastian † Jasper † Conrad † Hugh † Theo † Jay † Tobias † Charlie † Isaac*
    Lyra ‡ Florence ‡ Hermione ‡ Eleanor ‡ Isla ‡ Martha ‡ Emelia ‡ Beatrice ‡ Eliza ‡ Esther ‡ Susannah*

*See my whole lists here: Boys, Girls