Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    My husband was all for finding out but I was more interested in having it be a sweet surprise after the delivery. However, at our first ultrasound we were shocked to learn that we were having twins so I agreed, that that was a big enough surprise and I wanted to know the sexes as soon as possible. Sometimes I wish we waited but I think with any future children we will find out before they are born.
    Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel

We Have two kids and found out the gender with both of them at my ultrasound at 20 weeks. I actually really liked knowing, it helped me and my husband to feel closer to the baby before they were born. Mental preperation time too. Also I had extreme morning sickness til week 17 with my son and week 14 with my daughter (often puking 10 times a day) and it was a rewarding treat for me to know! Pregnancy feels so long and sometimes it feels like there is not much you can do but wait. I especially liked picking out art for my babies while I was still pregnant. Now that we have a son and daughter if we have more children I may be tempted to wait... We'll see. If my children have their mind set on having a " brother" or "sister" I will for sure try to find out beforehand. I would hate for them to feel disappointed once their sibling was born, ya know?
    Mom to two dears

~ My Little Whirlwind, Fall 2010 ~

~ My Little Sunshine, Winter 2013 ~

Can I answer even though I'm not a mom?

I like the idea of not knowing until the baby is born. Realistically though, as much as I obsess over names now, I know that I'm going to be a nightmare when I'm actually pregnant. Knowing the baby's sex ahead of a time will equal less stress for me, because I'll only have to obsess over names for one sex.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

@ mirimouse- I saw some dark pink Carter's crib sheets marked down to $5 the other day and bought them. Uh, $5 crib sheets? Yes, please. I don't think my son will mind, haha
    Mom to baby Leo

I absolutely wanted to know with my first, to do baby shower things and pick out a name, and I absolutely want to know with my second. If it is another girl, we will know we won't have to get much. If it is a boy, we will have to get clothes and things from my sister and get some new things.

The idea of not knowing is not really that appealing to me. I am a planner, and I don't want it to be a surprise. And the way I see it, I will not be treating the baby any differently if I know, so there is no harm in it.

As for finding gender neutral things, strollers and bassinets and cribs aren't really a problem, but clothes are. Finding gender neutral clothes is hard because most stores are split right down the middle - pink and girly on one side, blue and masculine on the other. It would be very hard to outfit a child in only gender neutral things.
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Aerie - Aevry - Romy - Xanthe - Wylie
    Miles - Zefram - Eli - Ephram - Gannon