Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you want to find out the sex of your baby in advance?

Hi! I'm a very excited first-time mom-to-be, and I'm new to this forum. I'm doing some project research, and I'd like to know how many expectant moms and dads find out the sex of their babies during pregnancy versus waiting for "Labor Day." I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!

If you don't want to find out in advance, do you experience any trouble finding a variety of gender-neutral products?

Thank you all so much!
    ~Amanda

I'm very torn on this issue. I think it would be exciting to not know, but I'm sure I would cave into the pressure from my family and husband (who definitely wants to find out). So I've decided that I'll probably find out the first time, but if I'm blessed enough to have a second (and third and so on) then I'd keep it a surprise!
    - Em
    Jameson Lewis - October 11th, 2014
    Ronan Charles | Asher Heath
    Lorelei Ruby | Hazel Marian | Nadia Laurel

We adopted our son and did not know whether he would be a boy or girl ahead of time. It didn't matter to us either way, so we were fine not knowing.

I think that if anyone knew though, I would want to know. So if they did an ultrasound and they could tell the sex, I wouldn't want the ultrasound tech to keep it a secret from me. Does that make sense? But I wouldn't get an ultrasound just to find out the sex. And if I did find out, then I wouldn't tell anybody else (other than my husband) because I enjoy being surprised about the name and sex when friends and family have babies.

We found out the sex. When I was registering for my baby shower though, I didn't know yet, and it was extremely difficult to find gender neutral items. When we found out we were having a boy, I was amazed by all the sports-themed/monster truck/crane and bulldozer covered clothing being pushed in the stores, especially for older babies and children. The teeny sizes up to six months were more neutral, but unfortunately the older kids begin to get pigeonholed, at least in the mainstream stores (which is all I can afford, or consignment items.)

Congrats on your little one!

I generally LOVE surprises, but I think when I get pregnant, I'll want to know. I'll just be too curious, and I'll want to refer to the baby by name! Thankfully hubby and I like more modern styles of furniture and decor, which tend to be fairly gender neutral... so if we don't find out, we should still be able to find some good neutral products. If modern is your thing, Ikea usually has cute products, plus this site which seems to have some nice options in a wide variety of prices: http://www.allmodern.com/Baby-Kids-C29057.html
    TTC our first little one beginning December 2013!

Lucia - Linnea - Caterina - Linley - Camille
    Leo - Olin - Matteo - Emilio - Emmett

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~