Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What are some of the strangest names you remember from school?

I think for me the strangest were a pair of twins I went to high school with and their names were James and...Semaj. Yes James spelled backwards I kid you not. I also went school with a girl named Helena Troy, but you just can't beat James spelled backwards
    Madigan - Effie - Tamsin - Tully - Jaxie
    Thorin - Declan - Adler - Thayer - Hudson

Dusted off my yearbooks for this one!

Krislynn- What the hell is this?
    Mazeo
    Edgar
    Bonnie
    Helenor
    Blade
    Knaide- KIN-aid
    Jashley
    Lady Greer
    Hisae- Pronounced like "sigh"
    Harlie Quinn- Like the romance novels...
    Concetta
    Edwin
    Brock
    Apurv
    Anass
    Afton- girl
    Jamaica
    Ira
    Dorcas
    Thomas- girl (Knaide's sister)
    Lamond and Shamond- twins
    Truman
    Ezekiel
    Varence
    Zeus
    Nason
    Lote
    Fern
    Williametta
    Stenzler (Thomas and Knaide's brother)
    Akaylee and Dalaynee (twins)
    Simisola
    Vladimir
    Miralem- boy
    Peggy
    Jinks
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

I went to school with a few kids whose names inadvertently ended up sounding like product names- Think along the lines of a girl named Mercedes, last name Benz.

Also went to school with a few kids whose parents didn't think how their name would sound with their last. Think along the lines of Justin Case. Don't give your kid the middle initial P if your last name is Hart. No one will let them forget that their name looks like "fart" on paper.

Several kids I went to school with actually shared their names with celebrities. Yeah, I can say I met Morgan Freeman. Just not *that* Morgan Freeman.

I can't give any actual examples without sounding like I'm mocking people with truly stand-out names, and I respect their anonymity.

The worst-- an exchange student one of my siblings went to school with. I'm sure her name would have been beautiful in her home country, but her first and last name together sounded very much like "pee on me." Poor girl got mocked from here to next Tuesday.

Oh, twin names. Like Taylor and Tyler. Or Kevin and Devin. Jan and John. *cringe* Did their parents not realize they had two babies, who will have to prove to the world from the day they are born that they are actually two unique individuals?

I cannot remember the exact spellings but I knew a boy whose first, middle and last were all a form of Kelly. Like Kelley Kellie Kelly. I have no idea why someone would do that to their kid.
    - Favorites -
    Calla . Elowen . Hazel . Iris . Lilia . Noelle . Rose . Ruby . Seraphina . Tessa . Vera . Willow

Callen . Conner . Evren . Ezra . Foster . Grey . Judah . Kieran . Rowan . Silas . Soren

- Top Picks -
    Willow Seraphina & Foster Grey

- TTC #1 w/ PCOS since September 2010 -

Etsy Shop