Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Anne?

Ordinarily I would say that Anne is classy and gorgeous in its simplicity. However, according to your signature you already have an Odelia Genevieve at home. Anne feels a little too plain next to the mysterious Odelia Genevieve - you would have to pair Anne with something magnificent and maybe a bit extravagant to equal Odelia’s great name. I’d be worried that little Anne might think of her name as boring in comparison to her sisters (despite the amazing family connection).
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

I love Anne, and even DH (Mr Picky) just said that he likes it!

I would also use a longer middle, something like

Anne Evangeline
    Anne Eleonora
    Anne Persephone
    Anne Lavinia
    Anne Cordelia
    Anne Aurora
    Anne Vivienne
    Anne Seraphina
    Anne Georgiana
    My attempt at a blog is here

TTC #1

Sophie Alice Marilla
    Ivy ~ Ciara ~ Eleanor ~ Zoe ~ Katharine ~ Eva ~ Cara ~ Elizabeth

Maxwell Arthur James
    Vincent ~ Finn ~ Jack ~ Alexander ~ Leo ~ Zachary ~ Theodore

Anne is a perfect example of the phrase "less is more". She is short, simple and sweet. No frills and no fuss. It's a name of simplicity and understated elegance. I agree that she would pair best with a more unusual mn. Go as wild as you want or choose a guilty pleasure name than that you wouldn't even dare consider for a first name. Anne Peridot speaks to me!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thanks all! It's nice to see that other people like it too! We'll add it to the list for future consideration if we end up with another girl!

lexiem - that is something that I am worried about, and it's why we were looking for a longer form of Anne that would stand next to Odelia better, but we haven't come across one so far
    Odelia Genevieve- 6th May 2010
    #2: Due September 14th!

Quote Originally Posted by bellaroo View Post
    We're been thinking about honoring my husbands gran, who was called Anne. We've been thinking about all of the different An- names but what do you think of just Anne?

We'll probably use the nickname Annie 99% of the time because we both love it. Also, we'd probably pair it with a more long, uncommon and interesting middle name to spunk it up a little.
    LOVE Anne spelled this way. Reminds me of the illustrious and fascinating Anne Boleyn.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Favorite girl names: Alice, Anastasia, Athena, Aurora, Calliope, Cordelia, Daenerys, Daisy, Eleanor, Guinevere, Gwendolyn, Isadora, Jessamine, Mirabella, Ophelia, Persephone, Seraphina, Tatiana, Violet, Willow

Favorite boy names: Arthur, Atlas, Gideon, Henry, Isaac, James, Leopold/Leonidas, Oliver, River, Roman, Thaddeus, Solomon, Walter