Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Anne?

Just Anne?

We're been thinking about honoring my husbands gran, who was called Anne. We've been thinking about all of the different An- names but what do you think of just Anne?

We'll probably use the nickname Annie 99% of the time because we both love it. Also, we'd probably pair it with a more long, uncommon and interesting middle name to spunk it up a little.
    Odelia Genevieve- 6th May 2010
    #2: Due September 14th!

Aha. I have a relative named Anne I'd like to honor someday, and I also went through every Anne variant I could find, only to realize that I like Anne best. Anne is really quite uncommon, but everyone can pronounce and spell it. It's graceful and ladylike. It's also more of a surprise than, say, Anna or Annabelle, which are less interesting to me because I hear them so much.

I absolutely love Anne with a long, uncommon middle name. Anne is short enough that if she ever wants a more fanciful name, she could go by the first and middle name.
    Girls:
    Catherine/Kathleen, Susan/Susannah, Anne/Anna/Annabeth, Jane, Margaret/Marguerite, Rose/Rosemary, Cecile/Cecily, Flora/Laura, Gwendolen, Paloma, Tabitha, Lucille, Beatrice, Harriet

Boys:
    Frederick, Hugh/Hugo, Wilfred, Basil, Augustin, Edmund, Arlo, Timothy

I love it!

Anne is my name, and I really dislike it. It's SO plain. I don't care for Annie, either, as an adult. It seems not dignified enough. I would have loved to be called Anna.

I love the idea of honoring a grandmother with your daughter's name, though.

Combining the spellings of Anne and Ann, there were 782 girls born in the US in 2012 with that name.

It's becoming a very uncommon given name.

Anne will stand out. She'll have an unusual name that is instantly recognizable!

Wow, I never thought Mary or Anne would become unusual names.