Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Help!

My husband hates every name I find. The only name he's ever loved is Jacey because it sounds like his nickname (JC, his initials). I caved and gave it to my daughter as a middle name. Now I need another girl name. This time I'd really like to honor my mother in the middle name, but neither of us really like her name (Debra). We're considering her middle name, Ann, or my name, Chantel. We've got a Greyson, Trevyn and Genevieve. Love my kids names but hate how popular some have become or are becoming (Greyson and Genevieve).

These are the names my husband hasn't outright rejected. Opinions please?

Alessandra
    Elianna
    Evangeline
    Sybilla
    Jocelyn

That's a nice set of names. I'd skip Elianna because it is part of a very, very trendy/popular set of sounds (Iliana, Eliana, Ella, Elianna, Liliana, Lilianna, etc).

I think Evangeline is really pretty but has some religious implications you need to be OK with.

Jocelyn is quite popular-- more popular than Genevieve.

Alessandra and Sybilla are quite rare.

Which name, of all five, sounds best with your surname?

I've been thinking over the issue of name popularity and have decided that I don't care. As long as I love the name, I love the name.

Evangeline is one of my favorites -- with the 'leen' or lyn' pronunciation, not 'line'. It's a name that's definitely on the upswing.

I also like Elianna as a nice variation of the "el' names that are popular right now. I am not a nickname person, but if you are then she will join the ranks of many Elles and Ellas unless you opt for calling her Anna, Ann or Lia, of which are not heard nearly as much as in the past. This name also is lovely with your other children's names. This name also has the potential of honoring your mom, however then you'd have to find another mn choice -- Elianna Ann might be too much ann.

I'm not such a fan of Sybilla. It has that vintage feel but in a more antiquated than revived sort of way.

Alessandra and Jocelyn are not names that I am particularly drawn to, however they are established names that you don't hear too often and are strong names. If you love them and can agree on one of them then i'd say they'd make lovely names for a girl.

I have bad associations with Jocelyn, but that doesn't mean it isn't a great name! I like how it's kind of sporty and girly at the same time. I don't really like it with Genevieve though, it seems too brash for such a delicate, flowery name like Genevieve. I don't love Sybilla either, and it seems a little mismatched. Elianna and Genevieve sound lovely together (mostly focusing on the girls' flow together because they'll most likely be said together the most), though Elianna could get a bit trendy in upcoming years. I absolutely love Alessandra! That's my favorite.
    Madison, 13, teenberry, writer, and dreamer
    Elisabeth Verona "Evie", Briar Magdalene, Seraphina Lea (prn LEE), Elysia Quinn, Stella Rosalind, Gwendolyn Saige "Gwen" or "Winnie", Dahlia Niamh, Alessandra Kate, Eleni Mathilde (ma-TEEL), Charlotte Sylvana "Char"

Donovan Howard, Micah Rhys, Judah Matthew, Niall Maddox, Fabian Luca, Nikolai Roan, Cassius Noble, Tobin Porter, Theo Xavier, Evan Beckett

Today's Crushes: Phoebe and Atticus

And as for Evangeline, I think it seems a little vampire-esque to me... though that may just be me.
    Madison, 13, teenberry, writer, and dreamer
    Elisabeth Verona "Evie", Briar Magdalene, Seraphina Lea (prn LEE), Elysia Quinn, Stella Rosalind, Gwendolyn Saige "Gwen" or "Winnie", Dahlia Niamh, Alessandra Kate, Eleni Mathilde (ma-TEEL), Charlotte Sylvana "Char"

Donovan Howard, Micah Rhys, Judah Matthew, Niall Maddox, Fabian Luca, Nikolai Roan, Cassius Noble, Tobin Porter, Theo Xavier, Evan Beckett

Today's Crushes: Phoebe and Atticus