Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I love Hazel Persephone! Pomeline is also beautiful and unusual, but I prefer the history of Persephone.

I strongly prefer the lovely Hazel Pomeline. Whenever I see Persephone, I just see Purse-phone. Sorry :-/
    Mama to Gabriel James 12.03.12

Adeline Rosemary. Josephine Alice. Felicity Irene. Phoebe Clementine. Susannah Margot. Eliza Phoebe...

Sebastian Thomas. Calvin Alexander. Jonah Benjamin. August Nathaniel. Silas Elliot. Arthur Simon...

For today...

Thank you for all the responses!

The Greek myth of Persephone does not bother me. I know many see it as dark but I actually like the connection to the seasons and the meaning behind it. I also just think it's a beautiful sounding name.

The double botanical reference doesn't bother me here (usually it does) because while I studied French and therefore the image of an apple is in some ways connected to the name, the "line" ending is so evocative of a name for me that that's what I hear first. Just like I don't hear the "add" in Addison, the "con" in Conrad, etc.

Regardless, I think you have convinced me to stick with Hazel Pomeline. We won't decide until she's here anyway, but i won't go nuts trying to convince DH to switch out the middle name in this combo the time being

I think I'm just starting to realize that in choosing a name I'm forsaking all the other ones that I love! (This is our last child.)

I prefer Pomeline, but if you like the meaning of Persephone, go for it
    erinn amelia
    a 21-year-old namenerd dreaming of:
    Audrey Kate • Laurel Athene • Talia Blue • Arielle Loren • Liora Maple
    James Aro • Henry Wilder • Julian Beckett • Asher Milo • Nathan Everett
    I apologize if I repost on the Baby Name Games board. If I do, it means someone overwrote my post. Please refresh before posting!

Hazel pomeline flows much better imo I agree that persephone is too much syllable wise. Persephone hazel is ok tho