Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rosemary or Romilly "Romy"

I absolutely love the name Romy but...as a nickname. So after looking at quite a few potential full names I've come across Rosemary and Romilly. With Susanna "Sanna" which one do you prefer in the sibset and why?

I love Rosemary because she reflects my love for vintage things. She also reminds me of the special times with my dad as we go to the Anzac dawn service every year and it's tradition to take a sprig of rosemary for remembrance.

I also love Romilly because she feels sassy and fun. There might not be any personal significance attached to the name but I do prefer the pronunciation.

I would love to hear your thoughts.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

I like both names.

I think the meaning behind the name Rosemary for you is lovely. The nn Romy for Rosemary is a little unexpected, which I like. It would give your daughter a very grown-up, classic full name and a sassy sort of nickname.

I recently discovered the name Romeine, which I adore. People say it sounds like romaine lettuce, but I still love it! I also love the name Romia.
    直美 Naomi

Lucia Pascale

Avery Edward Francis

Romeine is gorgeous (I haven't heard of it before) although I don't think I would use it. Romia is pretty too, I did think about it but I don't love it as much as Rosemary or Romilly. I also thought about Romany, a girl I knew was called this with the nickname "Romy" and she totally rocked it.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

I love Rosemary, both alone and as a full name for Romy. Romilly is cute, but comes up short when put next to Rosemary.
    Lilibeth Pearl - Odette Lysandra - Allegra Snow - Zinnia Ophélie - Hera Magdalen
    Emery Lawrence - Viggo Augusten - Johan Irving - Anders Maël - Jules Quincy - Magnus Luther

Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando°Roscoe Lucius
    Freya Marigold°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska°Mabel Celestina°Gaia Melisende
    girl & boy