Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Jasper and Twilight

So we're considering Jasper for one of our twin boys. Will people be constantly asking if we named him after the Twilight character? I have read the series, and found it nothing special. I thought the movies were horrible. I don't want people to ask me about it all the time. Should I be concerned or am I just being crazy?!

I don't really think it would be that much of a problem. You might get it once in a while, maybe from fans of the series, but the character was minor enough and the name isn't completely unheard of, so I don't think in general that the name is only associated with Twilight. My sister's name is also one of a well-known cartoon character, and we are almost never asked if that's what she was named for.
    Theophile • Bernard (Bear) • Reuben • Arthur
    Amflisa • Annora • Haruhi • Henrietta • Holly • Jonquille
    Julia • Mona • Polly • Ravenna • Romy • Sigrid

No, I don't think so. The Twilight craze peaked a while ago, Jasper was a minor character and people who didn't follow the books/movies likely only know or remember the names of the big three main characters, and I think the name Jasper was beginning to increase in popularity before the books came out anyway. I think you should be safe. Love the name Jasper!

Have no use for the series

but I adore the name.

Not sure how popular it has become or will become b/c of the series, but a brilliant name is a brilliant name and no one can take that from you.

I think Jasper is fine and fairly Twilight-free on his own or paired with other names of the same style. It's when the sibset also contains Carlisle/Edward/Alice/Isabella/etc. that people will immediately assume you're a fangirl.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Juliet Snow ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River Seraphine ~ Elowen Briar

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu