Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Eloise or Eloisa?

I can't decide! Which do you prefer and why? There's always the option of Eloisa NN Eloise - but I can't convince myself. Help!
    ~*~Ari-Lee~*~
    Awesome Aunty to: Aria Gabrielle & Liam Davis

<3 My Furbabies <3
    Hannah Renee, Jasmine Natasha, Jamie Abigail...and foster-baby Fossie.

Top contenders for my next pup:
    Litzy, Windsor, Rosie - Diesel, Dutch, North

Eloise!

I have a very good friend named Eloise and she is wonderful. I also find Eloisa to be taking an already sweet yet elegant, feminine and balanced name into more dramatic territory. I guess the extra syllable just makes it a mouthful on a name that already has a unique shape in sound to it.

Eloisa might also be more apt to mispronunciation: El-OY-sa, rather than El-o-EE-sa? Or maybe not, I don't know.

Ela, El or Elo are good nicknames for either one, but yeah have to agree that Eloise as a nn for Eloisa doesn't make the cut.

Eloise! I'll cosign the thoughts of aym.

Eloise is perfect just as she is; I feel that Eloisa is complicating and "over-doing" an already beautiful and luscious name.
    Mama to Gabriel James 12.03.12

Adeline Rosemary. Josephine Alice. Felicity Irene. Phoebe Clementine. Susannah Margot. Eliza Phoebe...

Sebastian Thomas. Calvin Alexander. Jonah Benjamin. August Nathaniel. Silas Elliot. Arthur Simon...

For today...

Eloise! Love it

My daughter's middle is Eloise so it defiantly gets my vote