Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Funny article about baby naming

I thought this was funny: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/wa...rive-you-crazy

Baby naming articles are often interesting to me, especially from a non name-nerd perspective

What do you think, Berries?
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

Ha ha. Interesting perspective. But it's always a bit cringey to read through comments on articles such as this and see stuff like "I'm called Cecilia. It means 'majestic butterfly that eats honey by a moonlit lake' in Yiddish." Argh!

And this: "Although, can you trust a year when one of the most popular names was Elmer?" -it surprises me that some people -online and IRL- just can't get their heads around how dated names used to be cool too. Little Elmers were once like the Hudsons and Mckaylas of today. One day, the trendy kids will be very old and people will be thinking 'Madison? Blech! How dated! Now, Brian- there's a good name...'!!!
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

The old man ist right, Fred is a strong name!

I also loved this comment by a Mariana:

It's weird to think my parents might've gone through all of this and I still ended up with a name that means 'sea of bitterness'. Oh, and one of my sisters is named Giulia, which is really just Italian Julia, so my mum has a sea of bitterness, a bearded youth and a bean grower. Perhaps someone should've told them to look the names up before choosing.
    TTC #1

♫♪ Eleanor Birgitta ♪♫ Harriet Leonie ♫♫ Frederick Edwin ♫♪ Julius Clemens ♪♫

Hermine Quentin Leonore Albert Georgina Alastair Camilla Leander India Theodore

Quote Originally Posted by dottipanda View Post
    The old man ist right, Fred is a strong name!

I also loved this comment by a Mariana:
    I agree it's good idea to google a name, but people may not care. Especially if they found two sites telling different stories. Besides, Mary (thus Mariana) probably doesn't mean sea of bitterness. It probably means love or beloved, which is nice meaning.
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

I found this pretty humorous except for the part about grandma knitting a blanket. My grandma died while I was pregnant. And my son has a crocheted blanket that a family friend finished, because my husband's grandma died when my son was still a tiny baby. Otherwise, the other stuff was hilarious. That part was just a downer for me.
    Rachel Whitney 1984
    (Name Nerd since abt. 1994)

Malcolm Alexander 2012

Current Favorite Names For a Future Child:

Ansel, Desmond, Caspar, Hubert, Carlyle, Gustav, Lysander, Ronan, Leopold, Armand

Solenne, Astrid, Elysande, Celeste, Adele, Estelle, Delphine, Svanhild, Cordelia, Tesla