Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Red face She's coming soon! Help me fall in LOVE with a name

I'm not due until March 2nd, but I was in the hospital last Monday due to regular pressure waves. Now I'm on meds q6h to help put off my birthing time (but still having waves). Anyways... I'm pretty much "freaking out" for lack of a better term, over naming this girl. We thought we had it down to two- Penelope or Delaney. I've decided I just don't care for my husbands favorite, Delaney. So that left Penelope "Nellie".. I like.. I don't LOVE. And to top it off when I tell people what we are thinking about naming her I get that uncomfortable pause...you know the one, and my boss actually had the nerve to tell me the other day that she's going to hate her name when she gets in school lol.. granted she was laughing when she said it so I'm trying to tell myself she was just joking. I ran a couple more names by my husband and he still likes Penelope and Delaney of course but also Mila and Norah. Our son is Carson Edmund Wagner. I just want to LOVE a name and I don't... HELP!

Aw, sorry your boss gave an off-putting reaction to Penelope - I actually think it's a great name, and it suits Carson, too. Congratulations on your upcoming arrival, though!
    You say you like Nora - do you like Eleanor? Mila makes me think of Matilda, Amelia and Milena. Is there any particular culture you're trying to honor/recognise with this name? Just wondering, as Mila has a slight eastern european association for me, and I wondered if you're hoping for suggestions from that culture. Let me know if any of these are your style, so you can help us come up with more
    I'm Claire, an Australian teenberry. I love names and kids, but I'm not going to become a mum for at least ten years. Until then, I'm just playing with possibilities.

For girls, I love:
    Matilda - Iulia - Rosa - Annalise - Linnea - Eva

For boys, I love: Anders - Reuben - James - Jude - Caspar - Thomas

Guilty pleasures are: Blaise - Orion - Caspian --- Madelief - Isolde - Hero

I definitely prefer Penelope to Delaney. I think Penelope is a lovely name and Nellie is an adorable nickname. I also love Mila and Norah. I think the suggestions or Matilda and Amelia are perfect, as is Eleanor with Nora for a nickname.

Beyond those names I would suggest-
    Lila
    Willow
    Noelle
    Hazel
    Isla
    Aria
    Lucille/Lucy
    Georgia
    Daphne
    Alice
    Clementine
    Gemma
    Felicity
    Daisy
    Eloise
    Ivy
    Evangeline (Love Evie)
    Maeve
    Clara
    Edith (Edie is such a cute nickname!)
    Annabel
    Mia
    Magnolia (lots of great nickname options)
    Genevieve (again with lots of wonderful nicknames. Gigi is darling)
    Loiusa
    Nina
    Girls- Winter, Eden, Colette, River, Charlotte.
    Boys- Atticus, Eliot, Milo, Gideon, Malcolm.

I really like Nora with Carson. As for Penelope, if you love the nn Nellie, how about naming your new little one just Nellie?
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Elizabeth; Benjamin, James, Luke
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo

I agree that Eleanor nn Nora would be lovely.

You might also like-

Athena
    Aurelia
    Bryony
    Cadence nn Cady
    Cassia
    Cecilia
    Cora
    Delilah
    Emmeline nn Emmy
    Esme
    Evangeline nn Eve