Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I think it's a little boring. The most important thing is to pick names that you love and that sound nice as a pair, because you will be saying them together a lot! With that said, I've always liked Rupert and Ramona as a brother-sister combination. It sounds so British to me.
    "Walter. That’s good. I’ve never known a little kid named Walter. It seems like an old man’s name, but I guess you have to start somewhere."

Ideally, I prefer ALL siblings to have their own initial if possible. This is especially true in the case of twins or mulitples. These children are often thought of as a "pair" or "group" rather than the true unique individuals they are. It's important that they be given their own identity and this begins at birth with the name the parents choose for them. I also worry about future children. If you name your twins with the same initial and have one more child with a different initial, the third child may feel left out - or singled out! If you must, I think it's imperative that the names are different in sound and look. From your list, I would rate them as follows:

OK

Rufus and Ramona (fave pairing)
    Caspar and Circe
    Arthur and Anais

Too matchy...

Ivo and Ianthe
    Xavier and Xanthe

Even Better

Ivo and Xanthe
    Arthur and Rufus
    Xavier and Ramona
    Rufus and Circe
    Ramona and Xanthe
    Anais and Circe
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I am not a big fan of siblings having the same initial - let alone twins. That said, if my two favorite names began with the same letter, then I would use them (unless they were too matchy like Ivo and Ianthe or Xavier and Xanthe). Each child deserves to have a name you love and I think the second name to fit the same letter comes across as second best. I would pair your names as follows

Ivo and Xanthe
    Casper and Ramona
    Xavier and Anais
    Arthur and Circe
    Rufus and Ianthe
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Ideally, I prefer ALL siblings to have their own initial if possible. This is especially true in the case of twins or mulitples. These children are often thought of as a "pair" or "group" rather than the true unique individuals they are. It's important that they be given their own identity and this begins at birth with the name the parents choose for them. I also worry about future children. If you name your twins with the same initial and have one more child with a different initial, the third child may feel left out - or singled out! If you must, I think it's imperative that the names are different in sound and look.
    I think you're overreacting. Some children may feel singled out, but that's just normal phase and it's occurring even to children who are in no special way different by their siblings. Like, children often think they are left out and reasons may be totally silly.

Speaking as a twin, I'm really, really glad that my twin sister and I don't have matching initials.
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *