Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Unusual, strong, still-recognizable boy's name?

Hi all,

We are pregnant with #2 and are at a complete loss for a boy's name. Our older son is Calder. We love the artist, hockey, and the meaning, so it just worked for us. Plus, with the last name Smith, he wouldn't likely share his full name with too many other people (unlike hubby and me). Now we are completely stuck because we want his brother to have a good name too and we can't agree.

My husband is indifferent to most names, but our mutual list right now is:

Beckett
    Langston (which feels like a mouthful)
    Benjamin
    Oscar
    Conan

I really love Ronan and Hugo, but I haven't been able to get him on board.

Of these, which do you love/hate? Can you think of any others that we might consider? We are avoiding one-syllable names and names that end in -s because of Smith. Names that end in -er are problematic too, just because we don't want the brothers to rhyme...

Your help is so appreciated!

I like Beckett! It's an unusual pairing with Smith, but not totally unrecognizable. Langston is okay, but my ears generally cringe when I hear "La" names (Landon, Langston, Landry, Larissa, etc etc) just because I imagine them being said in a whiny voice. Maybe it's just me, though...

Some suggestions off the top of my head would be Everett, Wyatt, Griffin, Josiah, Malachi, Rhett, Crispin, Judah.

Also, love Calder! Great choice.
    - Em
    Jameson Lewis debuting October 2nd!
    Ronan Charles | Asher Heath
    Lorelei Ruby | Hazel Marian | Nadia Laurel

Just a warning if your last name is Smith and your son's name begins with a b, it will be BS for the initials...
    What about:
    Layton/Leighton
    Alaric
    Turner, Marshall, or Channing
    Raphael
    Tobin
    Geoffrey
    Gregory
    Malachi nickname Kai
    Reuben
    Last edited by ashleyjuliette; January 17th, 2014 at 06:43 PM.

Calder is a great name. I have it in my favorites list I like Beckett from your list. If I had to make more suggestions for you, I'd say:
    Lennox
    Fletcher
    Maverick
    Ellison
    Everson
    Breccan
    18 | Name lover | No babies, just planning.

Current name loves: Griffin Abram, Jedidiah West, Callum Atlas, Holden Sage Ruby Olivia, Evie Scout, Gemma Lark, Aspen Sophia

Check out my Name Blog! Latest post 8/26/2014 http://nameloves.blogspot.com/

Attention Momberries! I want you to be a part of my blog

I like Beckett the best from your list.

Suggestions:
    Declan
    Finnian
    August
    Dashiell
    Atticus
    Harrison
    Bennett
    Tobin
    Lincoln
    Donovan
    Orson
    Adelaide/Alice/Amelia/Autumn, Beatrice, Caroline/Cecilia/Charlotte/Colette, Eleanor/Eloise/Evelyn, Felicity/Fiona, Gemma/Genevieve, Hazel, Iris/Isla, Josephine/Juliet, Margot/Matilda, Penelope, Seraphina/Simone/Summer, Vivienne, Willow, Zoe

August, Beckett, Carter/Caspian/Christian/Colton, Dashiell/Declan/Dominic, Emmett/Everett, Felix/Finn, Harrison/Hayes, Jasper/Julian, Landon/Leo/Liam/Lincoln/Luke, Mason/Miles, Oliver, Sebastian/Simon, Theodore/Thomas/Tristan, Walker/Wesley