Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

In need of help with naming our first

It looks like we're going to have a baby this year and of course like for any real name lover the first question on my mind is, what are we going to name her(/him)? I know there is plenty of time to think about it, but I also know it's going to be a long process, for me especially... The hubby would be ok with just finding a few names we like ok and picking one out of them once the bundle arrives... It can be a blessing or a curse having a partner that doesn't get too worked up about names, I get fairly free hands in choosing a name, but he's also not much help narrowing down the list and finding THE name.

I am not at all sure, what is my naming style yet, I feel like it's a bit all over the place. I like hundreds of names for both sexes. And it took a difficult process to come up with some kind of a suggestive list of my favorites for an actual baby and even so I'm not sure if these names are it, there are some many lovely names out there, but we've got to start somewhere!

If it makes any difference, last name starts with an A, ends with a consonant and is 2 syllables long. We're currently located in Europe, but though we might still live here when they are born, they are going to be raised in Canada.

List of possible first names for a baby girl (in no particular order):

Reverie
    Coraline
    Maelys
    Philomena
    Amabel
    Greta
    Cecily/Cecilia
    Rosamund/Rosalind
    Louisa
    Guinevere/Ginevra
    Vega
    Calandra
    Evangeline
    Lyra
    Viveca
    Thisbe
    Willow
    Alma
    Elora
    Corisande
    Melusina
    Illyria
    Amethyst
    Dulcinea
    Helena
    Honor
    Elinor
    Sunday
    Willa
    Paloma
    Aurelia
    Sophronia
    Lyric
    Astoria
    Elowen
    Thomasina
    Phaedra
    Saffron
    Morgana
    Primrose
    Caris
    Frida
    Evanthe
    Magnolia
    Azure
    Sage
    Winter
    Lucille
    Flora
    Heloise
    Clementine
    Euphemia
    Zinnia
    Esme
    Octavia
    Pomeline
    Zephyrine

We plan on giving the child one middle name, feel free to pair the names with ones on the list or others if you'd like! And suggestions are always welcome!
    Help me get this process started!
    Zelda
    In need of naming help...
    Little one with no name expected to arrive in or around September.

You already have a pretty healthy list so I'm just going to choose a few of my favorites and suggest some possible middle names...

Reverie I love this name so much. I think Reverie Willow or Reverie Caris would be lovely.
    Coraline This is the sweetest name Coral/Cora/Coralie make great nickname options. Coraline Winter or Coraline Esme would make beautiful choices
    Cecily/Cecilia Both are beautiful. I love Cecily Jane or Cecilia Clementine
    Rosalind is one of my favorites! Rosalind Sunday or Rosalind Grace would be stunning.
    Evangeline I love this name. It's simply gorgeous. Evangeline Willow, Evangeline Alma, or Evangeline Sage come to mind.
    Lyra I love Lyra Winter or Lyra Clementine. Lyra is such a great name.
    Thisbe Thisbe is adorable! Thisbe Cate always seems like a perfect choice to me. I also love Thisbe Violet.
    Willow Willow is lovely and strong. Such a wonderful choice. I love Willow Elizabeth, Willow Morgana, and Willow Jane.
    Alma Alma is lovely. Alma Sage and Alma Ophelia come to mind.
    Helena Helena Sunday or Helena Winter would be beautiful options.
    Honor Honor Octavia or Honor Louisa both strike my fancy.
    Sunday I love Sunday Elizabeth, Sunday Rose, Sunday Aurelia, and Sunday Reverie.
    Aurelia Beautiful. Aurelia Jane, Aurelia Sage, Aurelia Clementine and Aurelia Grace are all lovely.
    Lyric Lyric Octavia or Lyric Magnolia both come to mind.
    Morgana Morgana Lyric, Morgana Helen, and Morgana Winter are all lovely
    Evanthe I love this. Evanthe Coraline, Evathe Winter, and Evanthe Rosalind are all beautiful.
    Magnolia Magnolia Azure, Magnolia Jane, Magnolia Eden, and Magnolia Lyric are all gorgeous
    Azure Azure Cate is a perfect name in my book. I also love Azure Ophelia and Azure Jane.
    Winter Winter Grace is one of my all time favorites. Winter is a stunning and beautiful name.
    Lucille Lucille Ivy, Lucille Winter, and Lucille Octavia would all make beautiful options
    Clementine I love Clementine Rose, Clementine Elizabeth, and Clementine Cate.
    Esme Esme is stunning. Esme Violet or Esme Jane would be adorable.

I also really love Ophelia or Ianthe for you...
    Girls- Winter, Eden, Colette, River, Charlotte.
    Boys- Atticus, Eliot, Milo, Gideon, Malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by zillionzeldas View Post
    It looks like we're going to have a baby this year and of course like for any real name lover the first question on my mind is, what are we going to name her(/him)? I know there is plenty of time to think about it, but I also know it's going to be a long process, for me especially... The hubby would be ok with just finding a few names we like ok and picking one out of them once the bundle arrives... It can be a blessing or a curse having a partner that doesn't get too worked up about names, I get fairly free hands in choosing a name, but he's also not much help narrowing down the list and finding THE name.

I am not at all sure, what is my naming style yet, I feel like it's a bit all over the place. I like hundreds of names for both sexes. And it took a difficult process to come up with some kind of a suggestive list of my favorites for an actual baby and even so I'm not sure if these names are it, there are some many lovely names out there, but we've got to start somewhere!

If it makes any difference, last name starts with an A, ends with a consonant and is 2 syllables long. We're currently located in Europe, but though we might still live here when they are born, they are going to be raised in Canada.

List of possible first names for a baby girl (in no particular order):

Reverie
    Coraline
    Maelys
    Philomena
    Amabel
    Greta
    Cecily/Cecilia
    Rosamund/Rosalind
    Louisa
    Guinevere/Ginevra
    Vega
    Calandra
    Evangeline
    Lyra
    Viveca
    Thisbe
    Willow
    Alma
    Elora
    Corisande
    Melusina
    Illyria
    Amethyst
    Dulcinea
    Helena
    Honor
    Elinor
    Sunday
    Willa
    Paloma
    Aurelia
    Sophronia
    Lyric
    Astoria
    Elowen
    Thomasina
    Phaedra
    Saffron
    Morgana
    Primrose
    Caris
    Frida
    Evanthe
    Magnolia
    Azure
    Sage
    Winter
    Lucille
    Flora
    Heloise
    Clementine
    Euphemia
    Zinnia
    Esme
    Octavia
    Pomeline
    Zephyrine

We plan on giving the child one middle name, feel free to pair the names with ones on the list or others if you'd like! And suggestions are always welcome!
    Help me get this process started!
    Cecily Zephyrine
    Reverie Rosalind
    Melusina Winter
    Dulcinea Heloise
    Helena Elowen
    Euphemia Pomeline
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

I would choose-

Lyra Honor
    or
    Morgana Winter

These are the ones I think are most wearable or interesting or both. You have so many ideas.. Do you have any favorites from the list, or maybe some kind of imagery for us to go on?

Coraline
    Maelys
    Philomena
    Greta
    Cecily
    Rosamund/Rosalind
    Vega
    Lyra
    Viveca
    Thisbe
    Alma
    Illyria
    Dulcinea
    Helena
    Honor
    Elinor
    Paloma
    Aurelia
    Sophronia (I nixed Saffron, but it would make a nice nick for Sophronia)
    Elowen
    Thomasina
    Frida
    Evanthe
    Sage
    Flora
    Heloise
    Clementine
    Zinnia
    Esme
    Octavia
    Zephyrine