Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yeah, that was just too icky for me after about week 7.

Oh, and I know that you didn't ask, but please try to both keep a sense of humor about it the first time after you've given birth. It will not be just like before for a while... you might not even succeed the first few times. Sorry, I don't mean to give advice that wasn't asked for, but we're a very physical couple too and were pretty shocked by how things were different for a while. Oh, and baby will probably start screaming just as you're both getting into it. Because baby.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah

Thank you... please don't ever hesitate to give me unsolicited advice! I can use all the help I can get, and I really don't have too much of a network here as I am not from this area. My mom has passed, and my sisters and I aren't close and live nowhere near each other. I haven't heard this, yet, and am glad you mentioned it! I knew that the baby might prevent intimacy, but the thought of it just not being 'the same' hadn't occurred to me too much yet. Oh, boy.

I'm happy to hear that the sudden aversion is not just me! The 'manly' scents is exactly right... the same things that got me going before, now have me running in the other direction!

Agatha Louise - 'Aggie'
    Proud Step-Mom To
    Maddox Owen | Ryker Matthew
    Expecting First Biological Child - Little Girl - June 2014

Abram | Abel | Breccan | Brooks | Foster | Killian | Macsen | Milo | Silas
    Aurelia | Ever | Eloise | Madigan | Maeva | Noa | Romilly | Rowan | Wren

Quote Originally Posted by pistachio View Post
    Yeah, that was just too icky for me after about week 7.

Oh, and I know that you didn't ask, but please try to both keep a sense of humor about it the first time after you've given birth. It will not be just like before for a while... you might not even succeed the first few times. Sorry, I don't mean to give advice that wasn't asked for, but we're a very physical couple too and were pretty shocked by how things were different for a while. Oh, and baby will probably start screaming just as you're both getting into it. Because baby.
    Because baby. Hahaha so true.
    We tried, I think, too early after we had Azula & it was very uncomfortable. And I had virtually no tearing or anything - different is totally the right word. Not to mention when you're emotionally drained and exhausted its hard to get in the zone, so to speak.
    Our second baby is just over 2 weeks now, & I think I'm ready to get back on the horse aready. No tearing at all this time & my recovery has been super fast. Usually I think they recommend waiting at least around 6 weeks for you to heal before trying after baby?

Also, yes during pregnancy I found oral to be pretty gross too.
    New username is @ truenature

During pregnancy I actually found the most comfortable position to be standing (leaning forward but not totally bent over) with him behind me. We also did a kind of take on missionary where he was pretty much perpendicular to me and the bed, with my legs up over his arms. Or me lying on my side with him perpendicular to me/the bed (kneeling on it) and my top leg bent over his arm or shoulder.
    We got REALLY creative, and still enjoy some of those positions now that I'm not pregnant anymore.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Well, I have nothing to add since I've been on pelvic rest since FOREVER, but thanks a lot for reminding me what I'm missing, ladies. Go get 'em, Aggie!
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training