Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nina or Lana or Lydia? And middle names needed!

Our baby names list seems to be narrowed down to three, but it serious problems just started as we are really stuck now. It's no way for us to decide! All of them are equally charming, lovely and having retro vibe which is needed to fit Zelda and Dashiell for us. Please help! Which is the best?
    The second problem is middle... we are totally stuck. I'd love to give our girl Scandinavian middle but now I'm not sure if it's possible to find any appropriate. I have Axelle on my list, Agata and Alix, just to list my A-names. I'm open to your suggestions and they'll be very very welcomed! Thanks!
    Zelda Astrid - 21.02.2011
    Dashiell Roman Leif - 15.05.2013
    Vita Malin - 23.04.2014

Soon-to-be aunt for the first time!

I like Lay-na but I'm not sure if that's how you're pronouncing it
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

I like Lana, pronounced lan-uh (rhymes with Anna and Hannah.) Zelda, Dashiell and Lana is an absolutely amazing sibset, and I love all three names, by the way.

Nina works fine too. Zelda, Dashiell and Nina.

I don't think Lydia works that well. It's not as quirky as Zelda and Dashiell IMO, and it shares a lot of sounds with Zelda anyway.
    Last edited by littlewren; January 15th, 2014 at 07:22 PM.
    "Wren." Teenberry (14). Far from kids, but name obsessed.
    Current favorites: Clementine Renee | Timea Vesper | Odette Mara/Endellion | Opal Annabeth | Molly Sapphira | Zephyrine Molly | Cleora Lavender | Zephyra Winter | Tallulah Sage | Saskia Ruby/Lotus | Clementine Lucette Arcadia ||
    Hollis Charles | Azure Finnegan | Floyd Peregrin Michael
    GPs: Crimson | Saoirse | Hero | Lotus | Lolita | Bethany | Cameo || Garland

I love Axelle, but my vote goes to Lana. So beautiful and works with Zelda and Dashiell perfectly.
    I think the majority are Scandinavian, with a few other unusual-exotic ones that I feel work -

Lana Dagny
    Lana Sigrid
    Lana Isis
    Lana Isolde (love this)
    Lana Liv
    Lana Vivica
    Lana Ondine
    Lana Verbena
    Lana Tove
    Lana Linnea
    Lana Ailsa
    Lana Otelia
    Lana Paccia
    Lana Axelle
    Lana Anneke
    Lana Aloisa
    close to my heart
    Rufus - Alec - Emmett - Wes
    Billie - Estella - Jemima - Eilidh

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

They are all nice! To me, Lana maybe has the least staying power. Nina is lovely, so is Lydia. Lydia ties all together with a D. Lydia and Zelda have a lot of sound overlap though, and Lydia is a touch more classic. Nina and Zelda is my pick as a combo but both are very good as names, and Zelda and Lydia is quite fine. For a Scandinavian middle, I'd stay away from vowel beginnings with all these names ending in A, and stay away from A endings because that makes it rhymy.

Nina Dagny (gets the D in there)
    Lydia Signy
    Lydia Marit
    Nina Liv
    Nina Rune
    Lydia Rune
    Lydia Birgit