Names Searched Right Now:

Middle Name for Gwendolyn

Is Georgia as a middle name for Gwendolyn too much? I like the idea of using the nickname GiGi, in addition to the possibilities of Wendy and Gwen.

We're also considering:

Gwendolyn Alice
    Gwendolyn Iris
    Gwendolyn Irene
    Gwendolyn Charlotte.

Our last name is one syllable.

Thanks!

I think Gwendolyn Georgia has a bit too much G, but I've never been a fan of alliteration. From your list I really like Gwendolyn Alice and Gwendolyn Charlotte.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I love Gwendolyn! I don't like Georgia I the middle though. I love Gwendolyn Alice and Gwendolyn Iris. If you want Gigi, how about:

Gwendolyn Grace

Honestly, I think a 'G' name is enough to use the nickname Gigi. I know a couple that have a daughter named Gianna and they call her Gigi. I do think Gwendolyn Georgia is too much; or any alliteration of G's is too much, for that matter. It's just a very heavy letter sound.

I like Gwendolyn Alice or Gwendolyn Iris. I suppose if you use a middle name that begins with an 'I,' then you'd have GI as the initials so that may make you feel a little more validated if you wanted to use Gigi as a nickname?

I really like Gwendolyn, but some can still see it as old and stuffy so I'd stick with pairing it with names that are still classic, but maybe a little more spunky (i.e. Alice or Iris rather than Irene or even Charlotte is a little too goody-goody and predictable as a middle name spot already).

What about Gwendolyn Ivy or Gwendolyn Isla? I also used to have Gwendolyn Zoe on my list.
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. August (Gus). Colin. Ian. Wesley (Wes). Cyrus. Leland (Lee). Rufus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bonnie. Lucy. Edith (Edie). Piper. Ivy. Josephine (Josie). Margot. Carys. Sylvie. Eve. Iris. Rosemarie (Romy). Phoebe (Bee). Kaia.

Quote Originally Posted by sllah View Post

I really like Gwendolyn, but some can still see it as old and stuffy so I'd stick with pairing it with names that are still classic, but maybe a little more spunky (i.e. Alice or Iris rather than Irene or even Charlotte is a little too goody-goody and predictable as a middle name spot already).
    I agree with spunky - I suggested Gwendolyn Ruby, Gwendolyn Lucy and Gwendolyn Phoebe, but my husband vetoed!