Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Jocelyn on a boy?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll

23 15.44%
  • Dislike

100 67.11%
  • If you hate it on a boy, would the spelling Jocelin or Joscelin make you feel better? Yes?

17 11.41%
  • Or no?

71 47.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Jocelyn WAS and still IS a boys name and that goes for Meredith and Lynn too. I'm getting so tired of the double standard. So it's ok to use boys names on girls but not the other way around even when the name was originally a boys name in the first place? Sorry, that misogynist, defeatist mentality doesn't sit well with me. I'm a lot older than most posters here on Nameberry and I thought that the younger crowd would be more apt to dismiss this gender bias. I guess I was wrong. Society hasn't change a lot deep-down, has it? Personally, I would be THRILLED to meet a brother duo named Jocelyn and Meredith. To see the names as they were originally intended to be - borne by the male gender - would be awesome.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Sorry, but the lyn ending feels very feminine to me. Whether it was historically so or not really doesn't make much difference to me.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I like Joss, but I think to me it would be more a bonus feature of Jocelyn than a reason to use it. I like Joseph, too, but I also like nn's Joe and Joey...and JoJo is cute...
    I could follow the French trend as described by smintonian--name a son Jocelyn and call him JoJo--and really mess with American minds!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Personally, I would be THRILLED to meet a brother duo named Jocelyn and Meredith. To see the names as they were originally intended to be - borne by the male gender - would be awesome.
    Sweet! And a third brother could be Aubrey!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

I love Jocelyn for a boy - nn Joss is cute.

Susan