Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Jocelyn on a boy?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll

23 15.44%
  • Dislike

100 67.11%
  • If you hate it on a boy, would the spelling Jocelin or Joscelin make you feel better? Yes?

17 11.41%
  • Or no?

71 47.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by katieree331 View Post
    I'm sorry but Jocelyn, no matter how it is spelled, will always be a girls name to me.
    I second that notion!!

I think spelled Joscelin it will suit a boy nice. I used to have a girl mate called Jocelyn and she was the only person with that name I have ever met so it doesn't scream girl to me. Like Shannon, I find it surprisingly fresh if being considered/used for a boy.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

I lived in France for a short bit and knew a few Jocelyns--exclusively male there, I think (could be wrong). They would often go by the nickname JoJo. (But then, the French really did seem to love their double syllable pet names--JoJo, JuJu, GuiGui, BerBer. . . . and those were *just* dudes that I worked with.)

Anyway, I don't LOVE the name, but I like it, and I wouldn't bat an eye seeing it on a guy.

It's all girl to me, and I'm Canadian :-) Never heard it on a boy, but know a few young girls named Jocelyn, including the toddler daughter of a co-worker, who goes by "Joss" or "Jossie". I think a boy would be teased unmercifully with this name.
    Mom to: Andrew and Benjamin (identical twins), born April 16, 2012; and Alexander, born February 25, 2014.

To me, with the "Lyn" sound on the end, it really sounds feminine.
    Brittany Leigh, but I prefer just Britt
    I have two children, a set of fraternal twins.
    My son is Liam Seth and my daughter is Lyrik Avryll (nn Cricket)

Name crushes: Lydia, Persephone, Reverie, Ledger, Sullivan, Rhys, Lincoln, Link, Remy, Lilith, Gwendolyn, Artemis, Athena, Solomon, Lux, Lorelei, Scout, Bellamy, Grier, Rhett, Carlysle, Cordelia