View Poll Results: How do you feel about Jocelyn on a boy?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll

23 15.44%
  • Dislike

100 67.11%
  • If you hate it on a boy, would the spelling Jocelin or Joscelin make you feel better? Yes?

17 11.41%
  • Or no?

71 47.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by katieree331 View Post
    I'm sorry but Jocelyn, no matter how it is spelled, will always be a girls name to me.
    I second that notion!!

I think spelled Joscelin it will suit a boy nice. I used to have a girl mate called Jocelyn and she was the only person with that name I have ever met so it doesn't scream girl to me. Like Shannon, I find it surprisingly fresh if being considered/used for a boy.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Frances Bambi JaneEmmeline Twila Alice Magdalena Clémence MonetEsme Helena Mazarine Sibyl Jemima Iris
    Nathaniel Roscoe Wilde Grover Elijah St John Oscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector BarnabyAxel Isidore Sage

Apollo Amy Atlas Celia Dashiell Constance Jarvis Eugenie Raphael Marigold Seymour Rosario Wilbur

I lived in France for a short bit and knew a few Jocelyns--exclusively male there, I think (could be wrong). They would often go by the nickname JoJo. (But then, the French really did seem to love their double syllable pet names--JoJo, JuJu, GuiGui, BerBer. . . . and those were *just* dudes that I worked with.)

Anyway, I don't LOVE the name, but I like it, and I wouldn't bat an eye seeing it on a guy.

It's all girl to me, and I'm Canadian :-) Never heard it on a boy, but know a few young girls named Jocelyn, including the toddler daughter of a co-worker, who goes by "Joss" or "Jossie". I think a boy would be teased unmercifully with this name.
    Mom to: Andrew and Benjamin (identical twins), born April 16, 2012; and Alexander, born February 25, 2014.

To me, with the "Lyn" sound on the end, it really sounds feminine.
    Brittany Leigh, but I prefer just Britt
    I have two children, a set of fraternal twins.
    My son is Liam Seth and my daughter is Lyrik Avryll (nn Cricket)

Name crushes: Lydia, Persephone, Reverie, Ledger, Sullivan, Rhys, Lincoln, Link, Remy, Lilith, Gwendolyn, Artemis, Athena, Solomon, Lux, Lorelei, Scout, Bellamy, Grier, Rhett, Carlysle, Cordelia