Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Jocelyn on a boy?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll

23 15.44%
  • Dislike

100 67.11%
  • If you hate it on a boy, would the spelling Jocelin or Joscelin make you feel better? Yes?

17 11.41%
  • Or no?

71 47.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I love Jocelyn (and Meredith, Ashley!, etc.) for a boy! I quite like them for girls too- IMO they should be truly unisex. For what it's worth, I live in Canada and don't recall ever meeting a Jocelyn of either gender.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Ok... I'm pretty aware of my different views on names, and I actually really like the sound of Jocelyn on a boy. Quite a bit!

But I asked my husband, and he gave an very, very definitive 'no'. I asked the following questions:

1. What do you think of the name Jocelyn?
    A: It's OK. It's pretty

2. How about Jocelyn on a boy?
    A: Oh.. NO!!

3. If you had gone to school with a boy named Jocelyn, would he have been teased?
    A: Absolutely.

4. What if your name was Jocelyn?
    A: I don't know. Thankful it's not

We are in the US, and he is 28 years old. His very strong, very quick reactions kind of surprised me! I would definitely talk with more non-berries (especially males) for 'real-life' reactions.

I'm sorry!

Good Luck & Happy Naming!

-Aggie-

Agatha Louise - 'Aggie'
    Proud Step-Mom To
    Maddox Owen | Ryker Matthew
    Expecting First Biological Child - Little Girl - June 2014

Abram | Abel | Breccan | Brooks | Foster | Killian | Macsen | Milo | Silas
    Aurelia | Ever | Eloise | Madigan | Maeva | Noa | Romilly | Rowan | Wren

Thanks to everyone for the responses so far! I'm definitely looking for honest opinions, so don't feel bad about telling me you hate Jocelyn for a boy or that it's only a girl's name to you. Special thanks to aggielou for your detailed questions and your husband's opinion. That's valuable. You're right, the next step would be talking to non-Berries. I'm not considering Jocelyn for a real baby (at least not now)--just trying to decide if it gets a permanent place on my "guilty-pleasure" boy list.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

I love Joss for a boy (in fact, it's currently top of our list and I was very surprised that DH was so keen but then we are 'Whedonites' so maybe I shouldn't have been so shocked) and before we knew the sex of our son Jocelyn was on our list for a girl. However, I wouldn't use Jocelyn for a boy. I quite like it for a boy but I'd be too worried about teasing potential to actually use it myself.

I too love Joss for a boy, but would not use Jocelyn. I knew a female Jocelyn growing up, so it will always be female to me. If you like/want Joss, I have Joseph nn Joss on my list (Joss Whedon's full name is Joseph!).
    ~ Sophie ~
    22 year old Britberry, science geek and name nerd

| Arthur | Barnaby | Chester | Dashiell | Edmund | Francis | George | Henry | Jethro | Lionel | Malcolm |
    | Nathaniel | Oliver | Phineas | Quentin | Rupert | Sebastian | Tobias | Vincent | Walter |

| Anneliese | Beatrix | Cordelia | Dorothy | Elspeth | Fiona | Gretel | Harriet | Jemima | Katherine |
    | Linnea | Margot | Nell | Olive | Prudence | Ramona | Sylvie | Tess | Vivienne | Willa |