Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What are your thoughts on the name Majken?

I actually went to school with a girl who had this name and it suddenly just popped into my head again. It was pronounced "My-ken" though being that it's Scandinavian we could have all been totally mispronouncing it. I always remember though thinking it was a cool name and why couldn't I have a name like that instead of the all unique Jessica (there were about 5 in my class alone). It's definitely a possibility I may run it past my husband when he gets home. Thoughts?
    Mummy to
    Noah Thomas, 9
    Genevieve Noël, 3
    Expecting Princesses 3 and 4 in March of 2014!
    Girls Name List

It's way too foriegn for the Midwest. People will look at you like you're nuts.
    Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hel ena

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

I also went to middle and high school with a Majken. it was pronounced my-ken as you mentioned. I always wanted her name. She was very pretty and cute. I am an Ashley, so, I wanted to go from boring and typical to unusual even if it was spelled oddly.
    I like it. I would spell it differently if I was going to use it. Miken most likely.

It sort of reminds me of Lichen.

It's quite pretty, though.
    close to my heart / future darlings
    Rufus - Emmett - Hugh - Amadeus - Wilfrid - Eoghan - Alec
    Estella - Oona - Jemima - Eilidh - Zennor - Billie

olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' and finally seventeen. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by mummyjess View Post
    I actually went to school with a girl who had this name and it suddenly just popped into my head again. It was pronounced "My-ken" though being that it's Scandinavian we could have all been totally mispronouncing it. I always remember though thinking it was a cool name and why couldn't I have a name like that instead of the all unique Jessica (there were about 5 in my class alone). It's definitely a possibility I may run it past my husband when he gets home. Thoughts?

I think if your gut instinct goes back to it time and again, use it. I have the name Winter. People pronounced it Win-Ner not Win-Ter. My husband's name is Kelvin, and people call him Cal-ven, completely missing the spelling even. So, spelling and phonetics would be the least of my concerns. As long as you find a great mn, your husband likes it, and it pairs well with your last.....I think you should be fine, best of Luck!
    Tcc